I need help!!!! QUICK!!!!

chelle80

I need some links to info about RF past 1 year. On another board i am on there are a few ladies disagreeing with me that it is safer and that it will hurt the babies legs because they touch the back of the seat. HELP!!!! I also need something to respond with.

ADS

CRS

Senior Community Member
And in response to it hurting their legs:

Q: If my baby's feet are touching the back of the vehicle seat, do they need to be switched to forward-facing?

A: No. Rear-facing car seats are not a safety risk if the baby's feet are touching the back of the vehicle seat. There have been no documented cases of rear-facing children breaking their legs, hips or feet because of their feet touching the back of the vehicle seat. There have however been many documented cases of head and spinal cord injuries because children were turned to the forward-facing position prematurely. Even if the child's legs did break, it is much easier to repair broken legs then it is to repair broken necks and ruptured spinal cords.(source)

Last edited:

CRS

Senior Community Member
That's alright :) Glad I could help, hopefully they change their minds! :)

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Okay, I had to jump on the bandwagon - I responded just after your post on that thread :) Some of them do seem receptive, if they'll just actually read those recommendations.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Oh, one of the posts said that their infant carrier manual said to stop using if the feet touched the back. Do they really say that? Wish I had my hands on one - maybe that's why we turned Nolan around so early... ? I'd be surprised if they said that and asked her what seat she had and where in the manual did it say that. But then I was wondering - what if the rules are different for infant carriers vs convertibles. I don't think they are, but maybe someone else could chime in here :)

skaterbabs

The Graco Comfort Sport says that. :( Graco is totally NOT on the extended RF bandwagon and has no intention of revising their recommendations or increasing their weight limits.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
When I click on the link for the thread I can't see it now. I could see it a couple hours ago, but now it won't let me. Did something happen to it?

chelle80

You can't read it because she got pouty because i proved to her that i was right, so she deleted the thread. Poor mommy couldn't take someone calling her out about her being concerned with her convience being more important than her son's safety. Oh well, she can kiss it!!!!

I started a new thread about it, with the same info...

http://www.pregnantonline.org/all-topics/27951-car-seat-safety.html

ETA: another mod tried to delete my new post,but the admin. put it back,hahahahaha!!!!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC