Nautilus Elite pics & thoughts!

Mommy2Marcus

So...I took Marcus out to the car this morning, reinstalled the Elite & took some pictures. Here are my thoughts on it.

It is a really NICE seat! It is SUPER easy to install, easy to tighten the harness, the lock-offs are nice & easy to use, the recline feature is good & it is REALLY soft feeling. I liked how Marcus fit into it as well. I also like the adjustable head wings on it. They surround his head very nicely & will make a nice place for him to rest his head when he falls asleep.

It also fit very well into my small car. I did not have any problem installing the seat, it went in VERY smoothly, quickly & easily. Marcus is just about even with the 2nd slots once installed, so he will more than likely need to move up soon. However he will still have a TON of time to grow. I am guessing that this will be the last harnessed seat he will need for my car, maybe even the last seat ever. He will be 9 when the harness & highback expire & then 12 when the backless expires. So my guess is that this one should last him untill he is out of seats.

If you have any questions, just let me know. Here are the pictures. Yes, I let him have gum, he asked & since I was right there I let him. Usually that is a no no.
016-4.jpg

012-8.jpg

He likes his new seat!
013-10.jpg

Harness strap height...looks like it is curving over, but it is not. He will more than likely need to move up before to much longer though.
014-7.jpg

Crotch strap....thinking it will be better with normal clothes on. His Jammies are a little big!
018-3.jpg

Head Containment: 1st one is all the way in, the second is all the way out
025-2.jpg

021-2.jpg

Now...just the seat!
Lock-off's, they're really nice & easy to use. IIRC, they're the same as the ones on the SS1:
022-3.jpg

024-2.jpg

025-2.jpg

Closeup of the fabric & colors....really nice!
026-1.jpg

Head wings all the way in:
027-1.jpg

Head wings all the way out
028-1.jpg

Then Just b/c it is SO cute...here is a picture of my puppy in the Generations:
003-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

Also Bella & Izzy sleeping together...it is SO cute to find them this way!
013-2.jpg

ADS

WhatAboutPuppy

Marcus is ADORABLE! Seriously too cute! I always wondered what he looked like, but this is the first time I'd seen him! hehe

And I've seen that seat in the store but never gotten to play with it. I like the fit for him, it looks like it was made for him. The fit in the Generations (sig pic) doesn't look as perfect.
I love how the head wings come in closer.

Thanks!

SavsMom

Wow - the stock photos don't do the seat justice! Looks very nice. The Elite does have the GracoPedic foam doesn't it?

Mommy2Marcus

Marcus is ADORABLE! Seriously too cute! I always wondered what he looked like, but this is the first time I'd seen him! hehe

And I've seen that seat in the store but never gotten to play with it. I like the fit for him, it looks like it was made for him. The fit in the Generations (sig pic) doesn't look as perfect.
I love how the head wings come in closer.

Thanks!

Thanks! We think he is quite adorable as well! I am suprised this is the 1st time you have seen him, as I have posted pictures of him before. Anyhow.....Thanks!

I do really LIKE the fit for him. It does fit him really well. As for the Generations, it is not as good a fit, but it is still a good fit. It will be in my MIL's car, so not used that much. I just could not spend so much on another Nautilus knowing how little it will get used. KWIM?

Mommy2Marcus

Wow - the stock photos don't do the seat justice! Looks very nice. The Elite does have the GracoPedic foam doesn't it?

No, the stock phots do not do it justice. It is really nice, much nicer than the stock shows it. If IIRC it does have GracoPedic foam.

WhatAboutPuppy

I seem to miss a lot of pictures and stuff. lol So it's my first time. :D
And yeah, I wouldn't buy two either, his fit is good in the Generations. But the Nauti just looks like it was made for him, especially since the head wings move it... they hug him! hehe

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I played with it at BRU and did like it on many points. The lockoffs gave me some trouble; not closing them, but opening them. I hate the color, though. It wouldn't be so bad if not for that grey!

fyrfightermomma

Do the head wings improve the head slump over the old ones at all? I'm getting E another GN, but the head wings obviously are nothing like her Young Sport. I thought maybe the Elite would be more like the YS (not nearly as much but better) but still am worried about the headslump.

Mommy2Marcus

Do the head wings improve the head slump over the old ones at all? I'm getting E another GN, but the head wings obviously are nothing like her Young Sport. I thought maybe the Elite would be more like the YS (not nearly as much but better) but still am worried about the headslump.

Unfortunatly not. I had not tested it untill today. It is horrible for head slump. Although I think it might be b/c he is on the 3rd slots & the head rest is kind of high right now. If it had been down a slot down, then I think it might have helped. However I noticed that today that the 2nd slot was barely curving over his shoulders. Hopefully once he grows a little it will help. Sorry I could not tell you it did.

Kat_Momof3

Weird, cause I couldn't see them in Chrome OR Internet Explorer.

But today... I see them just fine.

And he is just sooooo CUTE!!! I love his hair... do not cut it unless he forces you!

Mommy2Marcus

Weird, cause I couldn't see them in Chrome OR Internet Explorer.

But today... I see them just fine.

And he is just sooooo CUTE!!! I love his hair... do not cut it unless he forces you!

Hmmm...Not sure why you couldn't see them yesterday. Glad that you can now see them though.

Well....I actually took him & got him a hair cut yesterday. It was in his eyes BAD & he kept rubbing food in it. So...I cut it. He is still cute though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC