I'm a new TECH!!!

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Yippy, i had my last day of CPST classes today and the instructor did a scan of the test themselfs to see how we did, i only missed 3!!! I was very happy and surprised. Then we started our clinic that was by appointment only and we only had 5 appoitments schedualed, but ended up having 11 kids all together ! didn't see any neat seats i haven't gotten to play with before but LOTS of cars taht were new to me. It was VERY shocking HOW many misuses there are in each case! I mean i know i've done a LOT wrong in the past, but it's just scary to see it AFTER you know better!
So do i have to wait for my certifcation before i can get my title changed on here??? or get ascess to the tech board here??

:) :D

ADS

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Yay! Congratulations! Glad the class went well. I know what you mean about misuse - it's amazing what I notice in random cars when I walk down the street/am in parking lots!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Congratulations! To access the tech area, you must have your tech ID number, which you'll enter into your an area in the User CP Panel (see the link at the top of the screen). You apply for access then.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Congrats!!!! We "graduated" on the same day... :p

So how cold was it during your check today? We had 19 degrees and very windy, with a windchill of about 100 below. :eek: I just knew no one would show up but we had about a dozen cars. Like you, I was amazed at the issues with each car.

So we are CPS twins or something...?

ETA: I missed four questions...

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Congrats!!!! We "graduated" on the same day... :p

So how cold was it during your check today? We had 19 degrees and very windy, with a windchill of about 100 below. :eek: I just knew no one would show up but we had about a dozen cars. Like you, I was amazed at the issues with each car.

So we are CPS twins or something...?

ETA: I missed four questions...

Congratulations to you too!

The class i took was at a major State Farm building and the back of the building has bays that they use for fixing wrecked cars, ect. so we were able to use two of the bays to pull the cars in and stayed fairly warm. but we did have to go outside and get paper work started if someone was there waiting .... it was about 20* w/ wind chill i think about -5* burrr!

Thanks everyone! :)

gwenvet

HOOORAY! Sorry I didn't come by at 2:00. I was free but wanted to go to the bank first, which took forever. Next time you're coming to WL let me know and you can come check out my seats if you have time. I hope I can take the course in the fall.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Congrats!!!

I knew there were horrible misuses, but I didn't expect them to be so rampant. Misuses yes, but not horrible ones. But the first two cars I saw, one had a six year, 57 pound kid in an OHS with loose straps, the next had a two year old that the mom told me was 65 pounds in a CarGo with the harness on and the seatbelt over her as well. I told her no way the kid was 65 pounds (I lifted her out of the car) more like my daughter, and Piper was 29.5 at the time. Sure enough the scale read 29 for her. No way was that pipsqueak 65 pounds. LOL That was her older sister, who was sitting on a pillow with the shoulder belt tucked someplace and her backless booster in the trunk.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC