Downfalls? and other Questions

scoutingbear

Our friends, who are foster parents, are in the market for a new seat as their faithful scenera will be expiring this year. They only take birth to two year olds (and rarely do the kids get much past 2 before they are moved on to be reunified, adopted, relative placement, etc). They have 2 KF30 for the littles so they are looking for a new convertible. They practice ERF and usually have the kids for at least a month or so, so changing harness height isn't a big deal to them. They drive a Toyota Sienna (05 I believe) with captains chairs. The seats I recommended to them are:
My Ride
Compete Air
Radian
True Fit/True Fit Premier
(I am also willing to sell them my MA so I can start swapping out seats for the noob!)

I know the positives for most of the seats and I will go with them to BRU to play (and they can use my radian to play with). I did read the thread about the downfalls of the complete air, and I know the harness isn't universally liked on the True Fit and I own the radian and am well aware of the downfalls of that seat. What about the My Ride? Are there any other seats that should be on their list? Price isn't really a concern since they will most likely use the seat until expiration (and if they happen to have a gigantor kid, I have plenty of seats to loan...)

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

Having own/ed every seat on that list except the CA I would have to pick the MR. It fits just about anywhere, it is easy to install, has plenty of harness options, the adjuster doesn't get buried, the straps stay even and only the most exceptionally tall two year old won't fit RF in it. Plus, out of all those seats, it is DD2's favorite. This is the frst time in all my years of buying carseats (13 years now!) that I have had two of the same seat :)

featherhead

Yup, I'd go MyRide. The only downfall of the MR is it is quite wide (but puzzles well with a Radian:thumbsup:).

scoutingbear

What weight does the MR go up to FF? (Cuz it would be so nice to only have to leave one of my seats when they don't have a toddler for C to use when he is there. :p )

emandbri

What weight does the MR go up to FF? (Cuz it would be so nice to only have to leave one of my seats when they don't have a toddler for C to use when he is there. :p )

65 but the vast majority of kids would get too tall before that. Benjamin is too tall for it and he is 6 and 50 lbs.

here is a picture of him in it.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=85113&highlight=ride

I say sell them a marathon or buy a complete air. I am not happy with how the my ride installs rear-facing in my 04 sienna and I can get the radian in but it is very hard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC