winter shoes and RF

mom2ari

I'm just curious what everyone else does with sloppy/snowy wintery shoes when their kids are RFing. Do you all just take shoes off in the car? Or is there another solution?

We haven't had too much of a problem this winter because I usually just carry DD to the car; however, next winter we will have two LO RFing, and I am doubtful that I will be able to carry both.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Lots of people put towels or blankets across the backseat, or if you have captain's chairs they put tee shirts over the back of the seat. A thin towel can easily have holes punched in it for the metal poles for the headrests to help hold it on.

Wendy

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
We've got 2 sets of boots. One for play outside that have velcro and then a pair of faux sheepskin that are pull on/off boots without any buckles/velcro to worry about. The pull on/off boots are used to get to the vehicle, gets pulled off as DD climbs into her seat and then slipped on at our destination. If she needs the heavier duty snow boots for our destination, we take them with us.

fyrfightermomma

If it's snowy they wear winter boots (easy on and off) and I sit them sideways in their seats, take off the boots, put on the floor, and they rotate in the seat. Reverse when it's time to get out (I do it for my FFer as well)

If they are in shoes around here, then the ground is fine, and they don't need their shoes off. Usually the ground only stays wet and messy for like a day after a snowstorm here. Shoes are more complicated for on and off, so we stick to boots alot.

They've never complained about just being in socks in the car while driving and it's routinely about 0-15 degrees around here in the morning. But I always warm the car up for 10 minutes before hand.

simplychels

I just have a towel that I have draped over the back seat. I do end up carrying her more often then not though just because its faster and safer on the icy walk ways and such.

twinsmom

If the shoes are really bad (wet, muddy, whatever), they take them off. Otherwise I just have a towel for each of them on their seat (I'll arrange the towel under their shoes, partly on the carseat, partly on the vehicle seat-back.) One advantage to older ERF'ers - they do a pretty good job of keeping their feet on the towel!:)

Belle's Mamma

I just tie one of these to seat around the captain's chairs of our van. It's not under the CS so it doesn't affect installation (I actually put both kick mats on after the seats were installed). It's pretty thin material so it won't hold up to a kiddo that's really rough with it but it is water resistant which it key for us.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC