Which infant seat would you get?

Baby D

#2 is due in June. I would like an infant bucket. Price doesn't really matter. Going to be used in a 2009 Taurus X (the crossover) and a 2000 F250 Crew cab so space isn't really an issue either. DH is in the Britax bubble and is dreaming of matching Cow seats for DS and the new baby. I do like the anti-rebound bar because of his pick up truck window in the back but am not totally sold on the Chaperone. Suggestions?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Snugride 35 is the old Safeseat 1 with five pounds more on it. So it'll last significantly longer than a regular Snugride 22.

It's got a bigger shell than the Keyfit as well, though the Keyfit 30 lasts a decent amount of time.

I haven't played with it yet, but the Safety 1st Onboard 35 has a hugely tall shell and a 35 pound rear facing limit. It has a lockoff on the base for installs. I hear it's easy to install and use, though I have zero experience with it other than touching the BRU display. Whereas I have a ton of experience with the SS1/SR32/SR35 and Keyfit and they're fan-freaking-tastic. Super easy to install and use in just about car, great lockoffs, you can leave the handles up, and they even come in cute colors. That may all be the same case on the Onboard, I just don't know.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The others would last longer and take up less room, cost less, be easier to get in and out, easier to install.

BRU has all four of these seats. You can go and test them out in your car. If you love the Chaperone, and can get it in cowmoo, then go for it. But I don't know that I've seen it on anyone's top lists. It's not bad, just that there are easier and longer lasting seats that costs less money.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How small of a baby would you put in a Snugride 35?

Six pounds? Five? They actually fit little babies better than the Snugride 22s. Their bottom slot is an inch lower.

Not all stores do. The ones near me only have the snugride and keyfit.

That's true. One of the BRUs near me is a good size and has a ton of seats. Another is teeny tiny, basically a corner of a TRU, and it is terrible for seats. I never go there.

Wendy

Marvin711

We've used a Snugride with DS and KeyFit with DD. I don't think I really got to use one longer than the other because by the time they both hit about 16-18 lbs. I was tired of lugging the heavy bucket...I am relatively sure both of mine would have outgrown them height-wise way before weight though.

So I guess I'm asking - what is your "bucket" style? Are you going to use it until they absolutely outgrow it? Or just until the are 6-8 months old and you are ready for them to be in a convertible/they are less floppy? LOL

We liked the Keyfit better, thought it installed easier and just the looks of the seat. I am a bit of a freak when it comes to our car seats matching each other and the interiors of our vehicles so I will mention that some of the Keyfit covers would coordinate nicely with a Cowmoo... :)

Kat_Momof3

if money isn't an issue, the keyfit is a touch easier to install and use and it fits small babies better than the snugride 35... I'd get it over the snugride if money isn't an issue.

now, since you like the ARB feature of the chaperone, and because we've now had someone test it out for how long it fits... I'd also suggest checking out the new Combi shuttle 33... it's AWESOME... has an anti-rebound bar, fits small babies well, has a headrest with wings that is used for adjusting height without rethreading... it's just freaking awesome.

if money were no object, I wanted an infant seat, AND I was pregnant... I'd be looking at the combi shuttle 33.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC