Non padded ring sling

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Looking for a recommendation for a non padded ring sling. I will need something that comes in sizes, probably. The one size fits all deals never work for me... I wear a size 16 shirt and have big boobs :eek: so I need something made for a fluffier figure LOL

ADS

kittykate

I really love Sleeping Baby Productions ring slings. The overlapping pleats on her shoulder are super comfy-- I can still carry my 35 lb three year old in one on the occasion that he needs to be carried for a while.

Her slings do come in several lengths and if she doesn't have a fabric option you like in stock, she does sew custom slings from customer supplied fabric. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I was going to post the same thing! I've seen her slings several times and love them. Very well constructed. She MAY even have some Solarveil left...

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Thanks! When I'm looking at lengths, they are in inches, not sizes. What size would I get? I have 2 padded ring slings, could I just measure the length of one of those and go with that, or would it be different because of the padding?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks! When I'm looking at lengths, they are in inches, not sizes. What size would I get? I have 2 padded ring slings, could I just measure the length of one of those and go with that, or would it be different because of the padding?

Take a tape measure and measure from one shoulder, around your back and back up, then add in however much of a tail you want.

I wear a medium shirt, and my slings are all about 72", which is way longer than I NEED, but I like having extra tail for swishing or covering-up or whatever.

I don't think there's such a thing as a "sized" (i.e., small, medium, large) ring sling, because the whole point is to be able to adjust it a lot (based on mom, baby, and the carry), and also personal preference in terms of tail length.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I also really like my maya wrap ring sling. It also has a thicker shoulder, and pleated. Also comes in lengths. Even my huge dh was able to get it on him. He was really funny:D

natysr

I really love Sleeping Baby Productions ring slings. The overlapping pleats on her shoulder are super comfy-- I can still carry my 35 lb three year old in one on the occasion that he needs to be carried for a while.

Her slings do come in several lengths and if she doesn't have a fabric option you like in stock, she does sew custom slings from customer supplied fabric. :)

I just wanted to say thank you for posting the link. I looked at her website and was pleased to find a few of her slings were only $25. I just ordered one today!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC