Help - Evenflo Mystery Seat

Jonah Baby

I've got an Evenflo highback booster seat in my trunk (it is ours.)
It is a 40# harnessed booster.

It has the same chest clip as the Chase does.

It is NOT expired, has somewhere between 2 and 4 years left to my recollection.

It has the Evenflo logo stickered on its plastic shell (down at the "base".)

It looks very similar to Coscos highback harnessed booster seat, but this seat has three height positions and a much higher top slot than Coscos.

I can't recall perfectly, but I think it has the harness adjust ON the harness, like the Chase does.

(The seat is in my trunk and it is snowing, so I don't want to go get it. BUT, I've looked at the seat before to find a product name and didn't find one. I'll go get it if I HAVE to...)

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The Express is going to have slots about 2.5" taller than the Cosco HBB.
If this is your seat, how did you get it without knowing what it was?

tiggercat

It's probably one of the clones of the Chase. It went by a lot of names including the Express, Vision, Chase, Traditions.

21430741.JPG

evenflo-express.jpg

200995940.jpg

?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Sounds like my Express. I adored it (for some reason I loved the adjuster) and used it until and, um, slightly past (<30 days) its expiry last year. (It was literally the month before I found this board, lol!) Of course, since it only harnessed to 40lbs and I'd now RF any child that size, I wouldn't use it... but I loved it nonetheless.

jeminijad

If this is your seat, how did you get it without knowing what it was?

I would guess that there are plenty of people driving around out there with seats that they don't know the actual names! I was given two seats by in laws, and they have no idea what the "names" of the seats were. Granted, a SnugRide was pretty easy to identify, but they were only able to tell me it was a 'Graco baby car seat.'

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Most of us wouldn't take a seat from someone without knowing its entire history, though. :) Some of us wouldn't take a seat from someone (to use) even knowing its history (unless brand new in box as a gift.) We would just prefer to buy new, for peace of mind. Most of us are geeky enough we would then remember the name. Some of us, of course, came to the obssession AFTER buying seats several years before, so we may not remember the full name at this point. ;)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
It's probably one of the clones of the Chase. It went by a lot of names including the Express, Vision, Chase, Traditions.

Yep. We had a "vision". It's all the same seat, just different padding and extras, some had armrests, some had cupholder, some had better covers, etc.

tiggercat

Yep. We had a "vision". It's all the same seat, just different padding and extras, some had armrests, some had cupholder, some had better covers, etc.

Ours was an express. LOL. I actually liked the seat for my inlaw's vehicle, and it had a 47lb limit here which was nice.

tjham

Ah, love those Canadian limits! I had a beloved Platinum Cargo I could have used a lot longer with my short torsoed granddaughter!

It's always surprised me that carseats have all of these fancy names, yet, except for Britax covers, none of them say the actual names on the seat! Once people throw the box away and lose the manual, they have no idea what it was called.

When I talk to my grown kids about their kids' seats (all of them bought by me ;) ) I have to say "the blue one" or "the one with flowers on it".

vangelder03

Most of us wouldn't take a seat from someone without knowing its entire history, though. :) Some of us wouldn't take a seat from someone (to use) even knowing its history (unless brand new in box as a gift.) We would just prefer to buy new, for peace of mind. Most of us are geeky enough we would then remember the name. Some of us, of course, came to the obssession AFTER buying seats several years before, so we may not remember the full name at this point. ;)

with my first child i had a britax seat i bought online from target and he stayed rf in it since i had no idea it was also a ff seat didn't know it was a marathon
friends asked me all time when ethan was little when he was going ff i always told them when they bought me a new seat had a bucket before that and he still fit so i waited for the first car seat check on base brought new seat
they installed it for me and i must have gotten confused at that point since
they said it had to in rf just assumed that's the only way
i wish people received more carseat info even just on proper use
it a good thing his seat was stolen since i thought it went rf til 65lbs
i love this board and feel welcome all the time

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC