3rd baby on the way and we have a versa! HELP!!!!

sharav

Hi everyone! WE NEED ADVICE!
we have a nissan versa (not the hatchback) and we cannot upgrade to a larger car at the moment.
current roster:
Kid #1: almost 2 years old
Kid #2: 3 and a bit
Kid #3: coming in april
.... #1 and #2 are forward facing and we will probably have to scrap their current car seats if we're going to make the 3 across work.
Here's the plan so far... I'm going to buy two Combi Cocorro Lightweight Convertible Car Seats (unless you guys can convince me otherwise) which would work for #3 and #1.... now here's the part I need you guys for.... WHAT DO I DO WITH KID #2?
so of course, i've been looking around online and EVERY seat that seems might work, doesn't seem to be available anymore.... such as the fisher price booster or the britax seats that it is based off of.. or the britax wizard, etc.. all of those seats, you just cant get anymore... i need something for my 3 year old that is the narrowest possible seat that is STILL AVAILABLE! I don't care what the safety ratings are, i don't care if it's backless or not.. it just has to fit!
Yes I've heard of the travel vest but I really want to try to fit in normal car seats first before I get one of those.
I'm located in Indianapolis so there is very little around here as far as baby stores... all you have in this city are chains... so we have our targets, walmarts and babies r us stores... so i need to order online.
now please give me tons of replies!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How much do your kids weigh? The Coccoro would work well for the new babe. Or get three Radians. A booster is not an option for a three year old. The Britax Wizard is the old Britax Boulevard, which is very much still in production, but it's wide and you won't fit it in a three across in a Versa, very likely.

I'd be looking at a combination of Coccoros and Radians, or just Radians, honestly. The three year old, depending on weight, could be rear or forward facing. The one year old and baby should be rear facing.

Target.com has the Radian 80SL. That has a 45 pound rear facing limit, 80 pounds forward, 17.5" top slots. And if it doesn't work for some reason you can return it to a Target store. I'd look for the Radian 80SL or XTSL, which have 45 pound rear facing weight limits.

Wendy

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
A 3yo should not be in any booster, let alone a backless one -- and harnessed seats are generally easier in tight three-across situations anyhow. I'd look at the Sunshine Kids Radian for the oldest, forward-facing, between two rear-facing Coccoros.

luvsviola

I just found XLST Radians for $239 at the Baby Catalog of America, and the 65SL is $189 once you actually put it in your cart. I'd try those before I'd get a Combi, because they will last longer for not much more money.

Last edited:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I agree in general, but the Nissan Versa is small. RFing Radians may not fit in the outboard positions. If they do, yes, by all means, get them.

sharav

Thank you for your replies.. here's my question now...
will 2 coccoros and 1 radian fit in the versa?
post your votes
thanks

bdg0221

I own a Versa and you can get RF Radians in a Versa but it does not leave much room for passenger. I can drive with a Radian installed RF behind driver seat but I am very short at 5' 2" with very short legs lol! The RF Radian is for my four year old so sometimes I take it out and put her Nautilus in. I also have a almost 2 year old in a MyRide RF behind passenger and still can fit taller people up front. I think I would put oldest RF in something like Complete Air behind driver(if you are not up to RF oldest then really anything on the narrower side will probably work), RF Coccoro in middle for baby, and put 1 year old in RF Radian behind passenger. It will limit the passenger leg room but this may work. You will really have to probably order them and play around to see what works for you. BTW, before I had my Radian and My Ride I had a Nautilus and SafeSeat and I could easily fit my 5 year old nephew between the two with Travel Vest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC