It's here, it's here, it's here!! (2010XT)~Pic heavy

amyd

It just arrived in the shiny red truck:D I love it!:love: The cover is just as soft & nice as I was hoping it would be:thumbsup: Here's some initial pictures...none in the car yet as DH took off about an hour ago to start (and hopefully finish) his Christmas shopping:rolleyes:

Just inside my door

IMG_1622.jpg

45 lbs RFing!

IMG_1623.jpg

First glimpse...LOL

IMG_1625.jpg

NSM

IMG_1629.jpg

It's a brand new baby:D

IMG_1631.jpg

DS wondering what's going on

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

Last edited:
ADS
U

Unregistered

Love it!!!! that was my favourite cover print.

Did you happen to notice if the harness was user replaceable in the XT?
and are the covers easy to remove for cleaning?

How low do the headwings slide down?

sorry to be so cheeky and ask all these questions! It's a gorgeous seat!

NewfieMoma

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I just checked CAnadapost, its out for DELIVERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAn you tell I am a tad bit excited??? LMAO

cm_nghs1

Oh my gosh it's beautiful!!! I LOVE IT!!
I just ordered mine.. I got the Nitro.. It took a bit to convince Dh that we needed the $330 version as opposed to the $200 version (on sale)... so i let him pick the cover. I LOVE yours.. but the nitro will hopefully semi-match ODS' red montery in my car :) I can't waitttt for it to get here!! where did you order yours from?? i WAS going to do juniorbaby.. which is where i think most people did?? but they were going to charge be 8% more tax (and on $330 that's significant savings!!).. so i chose snugglebugz.. i've never ordered there before.. so i hope they're okay!

amyd

Oh my gosh it's beautiful!!! I LOVE IT!!
I just ordered mine.. I got the Nitro.. It took a bit to convince Dh that we needed the $330 version as opposed to the $200 version (on sale)... so i let him pick the cover. I LOVE yours.. but the nitro will hopefully semi-match ODS' red montery in my car :) I can't waitttt for it to get here!! where did you order yours from?? i WAS going to do juniorbaby.. which is where i think most people did?? but they were going to charge be 8% more tax (and on $330 that's significant savings!!).. so i chose snugglebugz.. i've never ordered there before.. so i hope they're okay!

I got mine from Junior Baby. I only got charged 13% tax, though...why were you going to be charged more than that?

cm_nghs1

They were going to charge me 13% too.. but snugglebugz.ca only charged 5%, which is over $25 difference! mine only came to $347!

amyd

They were going to charge me 13% too.. but snugglebugz.ca only charged 5%, which is over $25 difference! mine only came to $347!

Weird...I was under the impression that you were supposed to be charged the sales tax based on where you live when you buy online, not based on where the site is hosted from.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Weird...I was under the impression that you were supposed to be charged the sales tax based on where you live when you buy online, not based on where the site is hosted from.
They have to charge GST, but PST is based on if the store has a business presence in the province you live in (they don't have to have a physical store). Doesn't NB have HST? If so, then any store registered to collect GST, MUST collect HST for provinces that have HST, there is no GST only option for those provinces. So, Snugglebugz (sp?) is incorrectly collecting the taxes and it's going to end up costing them money at tax time as they will have have to remit the HST for the dollar amount they sold in HST provinces.

http://www.taxtips.ca/pst/outofprovincesellers.htm

amyd

They have to charge GST, but PST is based on if the store has a business presence in the province you live in (they don't have to have a physical store). Doesn't NB have HST? If so, then any store registered to collect GST, MUST collect HST for provinces that have HST, there is no GST only option for those provinces. So, Snugglebugz (sp?) is incorrectly collecting the taxes and it's going to end up costing them money at tax time as they will have have to remit the HST for the dollar amount they sold in HST provinces.

http://www.taxtips.ca/pst/outofprovincesellers.htm

Yep, NS has HST too, so yeah, Snugglebugz isn't doing it right & will have to pay the difference. Nice for the OP who got the discount, though:thumbsup:

amyd

Love it!!!! that was my favourite cover print.

Did you happen to notice if the harness was user replaceable in the XT?
and are the covers easy to remove for cleaning?

How low do the headwings slide down?

sorry to be so cheeky and ask all these questions! It's a gorgeous seat!

Hi:) Yes, the harness is replaceable in the XT. I haven't removed the cover yet & I've heard it's a bit of a PITA because of the tacks that hold it on the sides.

The headwings are usable with the tops 3 (of 5) harness slots. In the pic I've posted of my DS, he's using the 3rd slots from the bottom & the headwings are slid down as low as they go.

April

Wow, I officially NEED one of those. That is my all time favorite cover ever ever. Thanks for the pics!

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
Yay! Mine should be here tomorrow! I'm so excited! I chose to get a neutral color (Ventura) instead of the pretty floral color. I hope I don't regret that decision. :( Yours is so pretty. But we don't know what New Baby is yet, and one of those seats will eventually be his/hers.

Questions:

Your box says FF to 65 lbs. In the US, XT's FF to 80 lbs, right? Why the difference?

Are the harnesses replaceable in all XT's, or just the Canadian ones?

Sorry for the hijack. :whistle:

amyd

Yay! Mine should be here tomorrow! I'm so excited! I chose to get a neutral color (Ventura) instead of the pretty floral color. I hope I don't regret that decision. :( Yours is so pretty. But we don't know what New Baby is yet, and one of those seats will eventually be his/hers.

Questions:

Your box says FF to 65 lbs. In the US, XT's FF to 80 lbs, right? Why the difference?

Are the harnesses replaceable in all XT's, or just the Canadian ones?

Sorry for the hijack. :whistle:

Yes, it does FF to 80lbs in the US. We don't have any seats that harness beyond 65lbs as this is the limit currently allowed by CMVSS (other than for special needs seats).

I would think that there wouldn't be a difference between the US & Canadian XTs as far as the harness being replaceable goes, but I've never read the US manual. The Canadian one gives instructions on removing & rethreading the harness.

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
Yes, it does FF to 80lbs in the US. We don't have any seats that harness beyond 65lbs as this is the limit currently allowed by CMVSS (other than for special needs seats).

I would think that there wouldn't be a difference between the US & Canadian XTs as far as the harness being replaceable goes, but I've never read the US manual. The Canadian one gives instructions on removing & rethreading the harness.

Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC