Superyard XT

crunchierthanthou

has anyone used one? Are they sturdy? Would it fit around the base of a Christmas tree? I think we need something to keep dd out...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/North-States-Superyard-Gate-Play/dp/B00020L78M"]Amazon.com: North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard: Baby[/ame]

ADS

munchkin

They are wonderful! We have 3 sets (18 panels) to make different configurations. We mostly use them for the dogs, but they are great in a big room for when the kids were little and we didn't want them climbing (and falling off) the furniture.

1 set should be enough to fit around a normal sized tree. When you do a square shape with 4 or the hexagon shape it is the most sturdy. For the dogs we use a rectangle shape and the middle joints are slightly weaker, but I don't think a small toddler could knock it down.

MOM25BOYS

Add me to the list also. :) I love mine and got the extention kit with it so instead of just putting it around my tree I was able to span it across the whole archway that divides my rooms to keep the little ones from getting to that area. You do have to watch how much force you use and the direction you are opening and closing a panel since they can crack easily. :eek::eek: I accidently tried to force my in the wrong direction when storing it one time and cracked the mess out of it. :rolleyes:

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

We've had ours for 4 yrs and used it outside in the summer and inside in winter. Also, when we stopped using it inside as a playpen for DD we put it around our Christmas tree. This summer we used it outside for the puppy. She's a lab and is 5 months old so she is way too big for it now. I think we are going to use it around our tree to keep the dog away from it. I've been wanting to get rid of it but it seems that every time the chance comes DH says we NEED to keep it.

rochelle

We had problem of my boys (when they were 1 & 2) leaning on one of the panel and toppling the superyard in square or rectangular format. The hexagon format is very sturdy though.

J-max

CPST Instructor
Yup, that is what I originally got mine for (several years ago). It is currently being used to fence off the step machine in the living room. It has held up pretty well to some rough handling. One hinge is broken from being forced the wrong direction, but that is all.

Calideedle

It works great!

a467b5e7.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC