left a note and got an email!!

L

LuciaBella

WOOHOO! I have left numerous notes on peoples cars all around seattle saying that I noticed some misuse and if you have any questions please email me or come to this site and post questions. NO one has ever emailed me.

Last week when I took the girls for their H1N1 shots, I noticed a MA installed in a prius middle with LATCH, no top tether. I left a note saying that the lower anchors are actually not allowed in the center as toyota does not allow that. I also mentioned that they need to secure the top tether if its FF which it was.

I just got an email from the dad and he was very grateful that I left a note! He "appreciated my concern and have since moved it to the side and secured the top tether. Thanks!"

Sweet justice! I emailed him back and said that he can put her in the center but just use the seat belt and top tether. I also asked him how old/how much she weighs because I noticed the straps were on the lowest slot, so either she should be RF or the straps should move up.
Hope he responds!

ADS
L

LuciaBella

Alright! His daughter just turned 4 a couple weeks ago-He attached a picture-very cute little kid!

I apologized if the note was really harsh and he said to not worry about it. He said he "can't fault someone for making a suggestion that adds the safety to my daughter!"

This is very exciting. lol.
I also asked him what the DOM is-he actually had a decathlon...the garage was really dark. He thought he bought it in 2007, which puts it right around the time of the recall. I gave him Britax's number and the recall info from ODI. I hope he gets the recall kit!

Kat_Momof3

you did amazing! shows that once in awhile, people pay attention to the notes! and every one that does is another person saved.

L

LuciaBella

Oh no! I offered my services to take a look at the seat and he said thanks but no thanks because she will be in a booster soon...
She just turned 4 a few weeks ago...
I sent him an email back about saying freshly 4 year olds rarely have the maturity or spinal development to handle a 3 point seat belt. I hope he gets it! I recommend a nautilus

thepote

You're doing great :thumbsup:
SO NICE when people "get" that we are trying to help keep kids safe and NOT questioning anything about their parenting, etc. :love: We do it because we KNOW how confusing all the substandard information is.
I hope he takes the GN suggestion!

L

LuciaBella

SO NICE when people "get" that we are trying to help keep kids safe and NOT questioning anything about their parenting, etc. :love: We do it because we KNOW how confusing all the substandard information is.

I think he gets it. I mean he's the first person to actually respond to my little notes. And I leave them at least every week...I've also sent them to post questions on this site so its more impersonal.

I wonder how many years he's been driving around with her FF, straps on the lowest slot, untethered and using lower anchors in the centre! Yikes!

:yeahthat:

medicmama

CPS Technician

:thumbsup: Exactly how I feel.

L

LuciaBella

So, after telling him that she will probably outgrow the decath height first, he said "well maybe we have a few more inches"
This is such a great experience! I'm so happy I left a note. I was debating whether to leave one or not because I was thinking "well here goes another note that I leave and no one cares to email me back." I would rather have someone cuss me out than to not say a word!

I hope he gives me a status update in a few months!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC