tethering RF MA in 2003 CR-V?

L

LuckyMom

I'm really confused! I first checked this forum for advice on how to Swedish tether my rear facing Britax Marathon, which I currently have positioned behind the driver's seat, in my 2003 CR-V. (I didn't then know about Swedish vs. Australian tethering, but I learned!) Now I know I can pop off a plastic panel and tether to the seat base. In my searching, though, I discovered that there is a debate about whether to tether or not and which tether, Australian or Swedish, is best if one does decide to tether. My son just turned one year old, is 30 inches tall, and a little under 20lbs. What should I do? Should I tether at all? Should I tether to the floor or to the roof in the back? My head is spinning, and I could really use some help!!!

ADS

autumnlily

I don't know the answer - but I currently tether to the floor behind driver and passenger (I have 3 rear facing seats in the second row of my mini-van)

FWIW, I also tethered our MA and RN to the floor of our 2002 Honda CRV. I preferred not losing any vision through my back window.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
For a child that age I'd tether. I don't know that I would for a newborn. But to me the side impact benefits would outweigh the risk at a year old.

Wendy

amyd

I tether my MA Australian-style in my IL's CRV. With the tether anchor on the ceiling, there's lots of room to get DS in & out of the seat. In our Civic, I tether it Swedish, although, I personally prefer Australian. DH doesn't like how difficult it is to get DS in & out so I let him have that one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC