I now own a MR65

mommycat

Awesome! Great great great I love to hear the improvements in the manual/limits to walking unassisted, the 1" rule, the 40lbs RF and the separate LATCH connectors! :thumbsup: That is totally baffling on the shoulder pads, though. Did someone get over-eager? Or maybe they tested it that way and it really did have an effect?? :confused:

ADS

triscuitsmom

Finally pictures!!! :thumbsup: This thread has pictures of just the seat. I'll post pictures of my kids in the seat in a different thread.

First up the whole seat (Spiral pattern)... with and without infant insert (which is just set on top because I didn't want to rethread it). And a close up of the Spiral pattern.

CIMG7465.jpg

CIMG7449.jpg

CIMG7450.jpg

The cup holders and LATCH anchors... one set for forward facing, one for rearfacing.

CIMG7451.jpg

CIMG7453.jpg

CIMG7452.jpg

A shot to show how flat the seat sits when rearfacing. It will stay up on it's own. Since we store our seats in the house a lot this is a nice feature because we leave them sitting up on their own a lot and most need to have something behind them rearfacing to not slide down. Also a shot to show the flaps that flip to switch the bottom from forward facing to rearfacing.

CIMG7454.jpg

CIMG7455.jpg

And shots of the detailed side label with pictures for installation and of one of the places where it says 1" of hard shell for rearfacing and minimum one year/22lbs for forward facing.

CIMG7457.jpg

CIMG7456.jpg

triscuitsmom

Now my kids in it.

DS2 is 9 months old, 26+ pounds with clothes on and 29" tall. He'd be rearfacing on the third slots.

CIMG7458.jpg

DS1 is 3 years, 2 months old, 34.75 pounds with clothes on and 37ish" tall. He'd be rearfacing on the fourth slots or forward facing on the fifth slots.

CIMG7461.jpg

To show the head room he has left:

CIMG7462.jpg

CIMG7463.jpg

And for reference, the hard shell goes to the very top. The fabric at the top is very thin and I'm not having to compress it here. Just finger on hard shell at the top.

CIMG7464.jpg

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Awesome! Thanks so much for the pictures!

Do you think you can take pictures in the car once the seat is installed too? I know in many US threads the kids seemed to almost magically gain room rf'ing once the seat was installed in the car. :thumbsup:

Shanora

Ok, not the biggest fan of the color/pattern, but its livable...lol

Ok I have to ask....WTH is with the cup holders????? Really? They look so weird. Although that being said, I'd kill for them on my MA when I install it in the middle, as Liam uses the cup holders in the van in the back seat ALOT (when installed on the side)....lol.

Ok....I think I'm going to TRU tonight to see if we got it here yet.....*fingers crossed*

triscuitsmom

Awesome! Thanks so much for the pictures!

Do you think you can take pictures in the car once the seat is installed too? I know in many US threads the kids seemed to almost magically gain room rf'ing once the seat was installed in the car. :thumbsup:

You were right :thumbsup: :love:

And so was Judi... we installed it tonight and it puzzles perfectly next to a rearfacing Radian. When I saw how easy the install was and that he had more room above his head then in the house I was sold. It is staying and I'm going to possibly try to swap for a different cover down the road. :thumbsup:

I will post pictures once I am back at my own computer :love:

snowbird25ca

Shanora - The Edmonton stores have the seat in. There is also a 2nd color available special order. I don't remember the name of it right now though.

I tried ds in it in the store tonight when dh had to bring me something at work, and he definitely has a good amount of room above his head. Being that we still ultimately need another seat since nobody including Jillian likes the Radian, this may just be it. I mentioned it to dh tonight and he was just like "whatever you want." :ROTFLMAO:

mommycat

Frankly I don't really "love" any of the cover options for the MyRide. :shrug: The spiral isn't amazing but it's one of my favourite ones overall. I'm of course not looking at girly ones. But nothing really stands out as a drool-worthy cover for me.

Shanora

Hmmmm.....might have to make a trip to the West end Babies R us than, if they have it in stock....just to play with it (I'm going to hold out for Sonata), I was a little disapointed last night when I went to the northend store and there was nothing. I was tempted to ask the ladies to check the back for me... but assumed their computers would tell them if there was any in stock. That being said, the fact that you had one in the West store, and they told me only the south end had some....makes me wonder if I should have asked (if they did have one in stock.....I'd be the proud owner of one....LOL)

snowbird25ca

I actually really like the Sonata pattern. Too bad I don't have a girl who would get lots of use from it, lol.

Shanora - Sonata is just special order right now, there won't be any automatic shipments to any stores right now. So your best bet is to try out the display model, and then place a special order for the sonata seat. :thumbsup:

Shanora

Ohhh is that how that works. Good to know. I will go and try out a floor model than today (tomorrow??) and see how it fits Cordelia, and my van. If it works then I'll put in a special order for Sonata.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
triscuitsmom, I'd kill for pics of your older child in vehicle. DD is about the same height and from your pics in the house, it doesn't make much sense for me to buy this seat. Also, any chance you have a bum to top of head measurement for your DS1? I can compare that to my DD.

Shanora

Hey, I'm going to venture out tomorrow and try this seat out, I'll see if I can get my 4 year old to play car seats with me, and I'll take pictures for you all. I'm betting I could still have him rfing.

snowbird25ca

Hey, I'm going to venture out tomorrow and try this seat out, I'll see if I can get my 4 year old to play car seats with me, and I'll take pictures for you all. I'm betting I could still have him rfing.

Hehe, you should've come tonight - then we may have finally met in person. :p

Jonas has about 4" above his head in store. Not sure in vehicle because I didn't try it.. it's definitely enough to last him another 6 months anyways which would be good enough.

How bad is it that I want this seat just because I love that buckle and how smoothly the harness adjusts? Why can't all manufacturers have smooth harnesses like the Graco SR32, Nautilus, and MR? (Though we do honestly still need another seat, I'm just not sure which it will be...)

Shanora

LOL...when do you work next Trudy? I considered it, trust me....but I had all 3 kids, as DH went out with the guys last night.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Jonas has about 4" above his head in store. Not sure in vehicle because I didn't try it.. it's definitely enough to last him another 6 months anyways which would be good enough.
Do you know his bum to top of head of measurement? I swear DD has more room in her TF than Jonas does in your siggy pic (unless I am remembering incorrectly) which would mean she'd be fine in the MR for awhile. I want to get 9 months out of it!

I'd love a smooth adjuster in winter time. The TF is always more difficult to tighten with an extra layer of clothing. And the cupholders, DD would LOVE the cupholders! The one in her TF is too low for her to easily reach. With the MR she could have her water in one and her Smurfs in the other cupholder instead of lost under her bum like in the TF! :)

snowbird25ca

Do you know his bum to top of head of measurement? I swear DD has more room in her TF than Jonas does in your siggy pic (unless I am remembering incorrectly) which would mean she'd be fine in the MR for awhile. I want to get 9 months out of it!

I'd love a smooth adjuster in winter time. The TF is always more difficult to tighten with an extra layer of clothing. And the cupholders, DD would LOVE the cupholders! The one in her TF is too low for her to easily reach. With the MR she could have her water in one and her Smurfs in the other cupholder instead of lost under her bum like in the TF! :)

I don't know the measurement off the top of my head and he's so squirmy I doubt I'd get it. :p His torso is in the neighborhood of 15.25 to 15.5" or so based on how he fits seats. He'd be using the 2nd highest slots on the MR, but be just barely above them.

Really I'm replying because I'm amused by the smurfs comment though. Where do you find toy smurfs? (In my defense if it's at TRU I work in the baby side, lol)

Shanora - not until next Friday now. I'm off tonight as we're doing a late thanksgiving dinner with my family down South.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC