Need advice about traveling.

amie815

DH and I are planning a trip to Disney World next October after DD turns 3. DD is currently rf'ing in a MA (well 2, one in each car) and we plan to keep her rf'ing as long as possible. We do plan to fly down and she has never been on a plane. The flight is under 3 hours. We are struggling with whether or not to bring the car seat, renting a car, using the Magical Express, and using the onsite bus travel. Here are some options we can do. Which would you recommend. Obviously our DD's safety is our highest concern or I wouldn't be posting this.

1) We take the car seat. We rent a car and drive to WDW from the airport as well as drive to and from our resort to the parks to make sure DD is in her car seat every time she is on the road.

2) We take the car seat. We rent a car and drive to WDW from the airport so that she is in her car seat while on the main FL roads, but use the Disney buses for transportation from our resort to the parks and back. She would be out of a car seat while on Disney property and while on Disney buses.

3) We take the car seat but only use it on the plane and do not rent a car. She would then be without her car seat while on the main FL roads while riding in the Magical Express bus and while riding the buses too and from the resort to the parks and back. The only time she would be in her car seat would be on the plane for comfort since she has never flown.

4) Don't take the car seat at all and use another restraint (please recommend) or use nothing because she will be three and we will make her stay in her seat with a seatbelt (if this can be done with a three year old).

So which would you recommend? Money is not an option. She will obviously have her own plane seat no matter what and we have no problem paying to rent a car. What would you do?

Thanks in advance!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If she'll be 3, and close-ish to 40 lbs., I'd probably skip the restraint altogether, nothing on the plane, use WDW transport.

If she'll be 3, and between, oh, 22 and 37 lbs.-- I'd rent a CARES harness and use WDW transport. :)

Only reason I'd want to bring the car seat is if you're going to want to go on side trips/eat out at non-Disney restaurants/etc. Then I'd bring the car seat and rent a car.

MomToEliEm

If it were me, I probably wouldn't bring along a carseat at all, as long as we planned to stay at WDW the whole time without renting a car for other activities. I would probably let my child use just an airplane seat, though if I were really concerned, I could buy a cares harness for the plane.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC