SUV with optional 3rd row

kalishea

I have a 2005 Nissan Murano currently, but its time for something new. I was thinking about just getting a new 2009 Murano, but thought I would consider some other options as well.. mostly for an optional 3rd row. I only have one 4 month old child, but I would like the 3rd Row for adults.. we got out alot with our families and like to all ride in one car. My baby is the only child, so we aren't putting a child in the 3rd row.
I like Nissan's, so I was looking at the Pathfinder because it has the fold up
3rd row and when not in use it has a huge cargo area. But I read on here somewhere that a lot of people weren't all that happy with their Pathfinders.
I also like the Acura MDX.
What are some other options?
Preferrably under $40,000, new or used.
Also, I can only seeing us having one more child, if anymore at all.
TIA!

P.S. I haven't got my convertible seat yet, so that's not a problem either..

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I have an Armada (Pathfinder on steroids) and I love it. I would have gotten the 7 pass Pathfinder if a used 8 pass Armada hadn't been sitting on the lot the day I went down there.

The Armada is the 4th Nissan I have owned and I have never had a single mechanical problem on any of them. I've had two of them totaled and can verify that they crash really well too.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I have a 07 MDX and it is an awesome automobile. There are a few other posters here who have the 07+ MDX and they all will be by shortly to praise the vehicle as well...I am sure!:love:
Seriously I haven't known anyone to not love their MDX. It is safe, quick, the interior is beautiful and it handles great in the snow and while throwing it around corners faster than you should.;)
I got mine a month after they hit the lots in late 2006 so I have had a long time to find something to complain about with it...but I just can't say one negative thing about the it. This is a lot coming from me because I am NEVER happy with my cars and there is usually *something* I wish it had or did better.
We are actually in the process of getting me a new car but only because I need something bigger. But we love this car so much that my husband is going to get rid of his car which has less than 30,000 miles and take mine which has almost 65,000 miles.:eek: If I didn't need a bigger car I would still be 100% happy with my car. Oh and just to let you know I have never driven a car with 65,000 miles that still feels like a brand new one...I know this because I drive brand new ones whenever mine is in for service and they feel just the same.

kalishea

This is a lot coming from me because I am NEVER happy with my cars and there is usually *something* I wish it had or did better.

THIS IS ME! I tend to get a new car every 2 years or so! I love automobiles and I always want to try something new! Whether I end up liking them or not is a different story!

Now I have a little guy to consider and I am looking more at safety then looks...

armywife12

We just bought an 08 Hyundai Veracruz and we love it so far. It has an optional 3rd row with 2 seats and it has a nice sized cargo area as well. We only have one child as well and plan to have another next year so this is perfect for us. A brand new one is under $40k. Ours was under $25k. It has great safety ratings as well. I can't say enough good things about it

bearista

Does the Murano 2009 have a 3rd row?

They ride really nice (my parents have a 2004), but they are a pain in the booty to repair (ande $$ to repair) Just something to consider.

Kristydrosgers

I just got a new dodge durango with the new body style and LOVE it! It has third row seating.
oct09001.jpg

rodentranger

I have a 2003 Pilot.
I wouldn't sit three adults in the third row on a regular basis. I have had a Vivo (drivers), adult (center), ff Wizard (passenger)in the third row for around town. They all climbed in the back since I had three Marathons in the second row (two rf, one ff). I have thee top tethers for my third row two sets of LATCh in the outboard second row seats. The 2009 has four sets of LATCH and two additional top tethers for the third row.
I like it, but kind of wish I had bought something a bit larger. I like the Sequoia based on pics.
My SIL's Expedition only has one top tether for the third row.

SavsMom

Check out the Toyota Highlander - they have the 3rd row option - and its a decent sized 3rd row at that. Plus they have great resale value.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC