SnugRide 35 in Racer

ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Is it the same shell as the SR32? I don't need the 35lbs as my babies tend to be long and skinny, but if it's actually taller I'll consider it.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
What's the point for most kids? I mean I LOVE my SS1, but I can't see using it if my kids could still in it at 30# or so, at least not how I use it now. Evan and Ilana made it to 23#, but we moved Ilana at 21# from it. Olivia is only 15.5# and it's already hard to carry.

thepote

What's the point for most kids? I mean I LOVE my SS1, but I can't see using it if my kids could still in it at 30# or so, at least not how I use it now. Evan and Ilana made it to 23#, but we moved Ilana at 21# from it. Olivia is only 15.5# and it's already hard to carry.

I would LOVE to have a bucket seat that still fit my 29lb three year old ;)

zactayaus

Olivia is only 15.5# and it's already hard to carry.

It's actually easier for me to carry Gavin in it now at 18 lbs then it was when he was 10 lbs. I've built up my arm muscles just from carrying it every day. LOL. DH saw my bicep on my right arm the other day and he was like "wow, your arms almost as big as mine".:eek:

But yeah, I don't think I'd use the bucket to 35 lbs. I don't even think Gavin is going to make it to 30 lbs in his SS1 cause he's so tall.

Last edited:

xursusmaritimusx

you just stop carrying them when they get too heavy and leave the seat in the car. but like the next poster said, your arm gets stronger. my bicep was awesome when i was carrying my DD around in her SS1.

i personally just looooooooved my SS1.

my daughter had a small torso and she outgrew the SS1 around 30 months weight wise, still had a 1" above her head.
if we had the SR35 she could have used the seat from birth to about sometime this past month at just turning 3 yo. she had a huge torso growth spurt and now her head is even with the top of the shell so obviously outgrown.
her weight is 34lbs currently.

soooo talk about getting your use out of one seat.

FrogJuice

I love that cover, it's really cute, I love my ss1, with the daycare kids, I traded it for a keyfit30, I prefer the ss1, I would by this in a minute if I was expecting.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I just HATE that in their description under recommend use it says 'rear to a year'. Basically go from their SR35 to the Nauti...BLECH.

disbugsmomma

Well, going from the SR35 to the Nauti would be a great thing, as long as they were able to use the SR35 to, or at least near, the full weight. :thumbsup:

rodentranger

I'd be scared to put a child that heavy in an infant seat with a detachable base! That's more than my almost-three year old weighs!

ceruti82

WOW! i've been out of the infant seat market for a couple years~DD will be 2 in a couple weeks~ and i just realized that my she would *just now* be outgrowing this seat!!
She's about 25 or 26 lbs, and just about 32 inches tall! She used a SnugRide (with the 29 lb limit) till about 6 months old, then into her MA. I can't even imagine her still being in a bucket seat at this age/size..! I guess i'd have to see pics of a toddler still in a bucket set to believe it! LOL!

Though I'm sure any toddler still able to fit in the seat, would be taken in and out of the carseat, and NOT be carried around in it anymore, I HOPE! :whistle:

Though if I ever have more babies, at this point I think I would go for a keyfit.. at least thats what my opinion is today... :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Guys, go hang out at a baby store or walmart for a few days. You only really have to see one giganto baby shoved into a regular snugride or embrace to realize the beauty of a larger infant seat for people who ARE NOT going to use convertibles rearfacing. Yes, they do go straight from a bucket to an FF convertible or combo seat, no matter how old they are. Babies in my area are very lucky to make it RF to a year at all.
Yes, for most people with average weight kids, a 35 pound limit is utterly overkill. But frankly, it also means that seats are being tested with heavier dummies, and that is likely to be making them safer for little babies, too (stronger connection points are needed to pass those tests with such heavy dummies).... so the result is nothing but good.
Many people will just use a bucket for a year, whether the kid fits or not. What's wrong with seats having higher weight and height limits to ensure that parents will at least not be misusing the seat too badly, even if they have a very large baby?

Anyway, my kid used her SS1 happily till her head was within an inch of the top of the seat... she was 19 months, 33 inches, and 23 pounds :D

kaysmom

Guys, go hang out at a baby store or walmart for a few days. You only really have to see one giganto baby shoved into a regular snugride or embrace to realize the beauty of a larger infant seat for people who ARE NOT going to use convertibles rearfacing. Yes, they do go straight from a bucket to an FF convertible or combo seat, no matter how old they are. Babies in my area are very lucky to make it RF to a year at all.

Many people will just use a bucket for a year, whether the kid fits or not.

My thoughts exactly...I saw one of my girlfriends from High School the other day with her 11 month old VERY chunky baby shoved into a 22lb Snugride because it was the law to have them rear face til a year and she wasnt buying another seat until he could "go the other way". It made me shudder.:(

Jonah Baby

Hah!

I stuck poor Joey into a SR35 at BRU a few weeks ago.
At 37" (roughly, compared to 35" tire) tall, he was just at the TOP of the carseats shell and one pound over the new 35# limit.

When Jo was a baby I would have LOVED such a bigger infant seat. We had a SR20 or 22. Nice tall shell, but he hit the weight limit around 9 months of age.

I will honestly say that for this next child, it will use the infant bucket seat until it no longer properly fits or gets absolutely ridiculous looking haha (I'm sure by 20 pounds I will no longer carry it around either.)
I think this is the seat we will go with, too, because I am really happy to know that if I NEED a seat for back-up, I can pull it out of the closet and use it until it baby is nearly 3!

I am Graco loyal. This is why.

xursusmaritimusx

WOW! i've been out of the infant seat market for a couple years~DD will be 2 in a couple weeks~ and i just realized that my she would *just now* be outgrowing this seat!!
She's about 25 or 26 lbs, and just about 32 inches tall! She used a SnugRide (with the 29 lb limit) till about 6 months old, then into her MA. I can't even imagine her still being in a bucket seat at this age/size..! I guess i'd have to see pics of a toddler still in a bucket set to believe it! LOL!

Though I'm sure any toddler still able to fit in the seat, would be taken in and out of the carseat, and NOT be carried around in it anymore, I HOPE! :whistle:

Though if I ever have more babies, at this point I think I would go for a keyfit.. at least thats what my opinion is today... :)

ask an ye shall receive LOL

my DD was 30 months and 32lbs, about 34" (over weight limit for SS1 but would have fit the SR35 until this month)

DSCF7465.jpg

DSCF7462.jpg

DSCF7460.jpg

xursusmaritimusx

Hah!

I stuck poor Joey into a SR35 at BRU a few weeks ago.
At 37" (roughly, compared to 35" tire) tall, he was just at the TOP of the carseats shell and one pound over the new 35# limit.

When Jo was a baby I would have LOVED such a bigger infant seat. We had a SR20 or 22. Nice tall shell, but he hit the weight limit around 9 months of age.

I will honestly say that for this next child, it will use the infant bucket seat until it no longer properly fits or gets absolutely ridiculous looking haha (I'm sure by 20 pounds I will no longer carry it around either.)
I think this is the seat we will go with, too, because I am really happy to know that if I NEED a seat for back-up, I can pull it out of the closet and use it until it baby is nearly 3!

I am Graco loyal. This is why.

im right there with you... totally am a graco loyal fan and also a fan of the ss1/sr32/sr35

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC