Question car seat and cloth diapers

saoirse

when dd (8wks) is in her bucket she is at the max for the bottom slot but not quite at top slot
snugride 2004

when wearing cd she is too big for bottom slot and gets squashed when i tighten the harness...

i am thinking about switching her to her big brothers scenera rf

the harness adjust is a pita on the snugride!!!!

i am worried that the bucket is safer for her than the scenera

wwyd?

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Both are good options--do whatever works for you.

If the harness is difficult in the SnugRide, check that the splitter plate isn't getting stuck up on something when you're adjusting it. Generally, people need to move the straps up on the SnugRide when their child is still about 1cm below the next set of slots. Because there's quite the distance between the slots, often the harness doesn't quite fit properly once they're approaching the next set. Many people find that the straps actually start to slide off the sides of their shoulders--myself included.

You're certainly not compromising your child's safety in moving them to a rear-facing convertible. Infant seats are more convenient for most people, that doesn't make them safer..just more convenient!

-Nicole.

jess71903

Ambassador
I totally agree. Moving to a RF convertible is just as safe as the infant seat. I actually feel better with a baby in a convertible because there is one less step to have to get right (attaching the seat to the base).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC