It shouldn't be this hard to decide!!!! UGH

GoofyG

I can't decide between the Radian XTSL or True Fit Premier!

I have an older radian I just started using with DS. Tho I still wish it sat up more. I can NOT find a true fit anywhere to compare how it fits in the car and my son.

He was in a boulevard but is long legged and i'm looking for a deeper seat. It's hard to move away from the Britax, I love those seats. I also want side impact protection. He rides outerboard in the van and we take long car rides.

Could someone help me. Have you tried both, which one did you like best. It's hard not seeing it in real life.

I'm so frustrated!!!!!!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've tried both but I'm no help because I like them both. :)

What kind of car do you drive? How long do you intend to RF? Is he long or short torsoed?

firemomof3

I have the XT and a regular TF but from my experience I would choose the XTSL. I use my TF 3 days/week for my daycare kiddo who is 16mo. because its very quick to install, and it fits him well. My dd2 & ds will not ride in the TF anymore because they hate it. My dd2 says that it "hurts her butt" and I suspect this is because she is use to the memory foam of the XT. My ds hates the crotch buckle because it "squishes" him.
The XTSL will last longer and be more comfortable for him, especially as he gets older.

NannyMom

I like both seats for different reasons.

I like the TF for how easy it is to adjust harness height (and I could sometimes use different seats for different kids). I love the Monet cover :love: I also like how tall it is.

I like the Radian because it's tall (though not as tall as the TF). I like that the newer ones have a higher RF weight limit. I like that it's narrow. I love that my 6 and 9 year old could still fit in it.

When I had to choose between the 2, I chose the Radian for the higher weight.

armywife12

We have the True Fit and I love it. We've had it since last Feb and have never had a problem with it and my tall son fits very well rear facing with tons of growing room to go. If you need the extra rear facing weight limit, then I'd go with the Radian seat. My son is 25 months old and about a lb away from hitting 35lbs on his True Fit so he needs the extra weight limit, which is why we went with the Myride. Most children will outgrow both seats around the same time, 6ish yrs old. All convertible seats have side impact protection so that really isnt' something to worry about. They all have different names for it to make their's seem better and safer but there is no proof that they are. As far as we know, all perform about the same. We've had the True Fit installed in several vehicles and have yet to have an installation problem. I've heard that the Radian can be quite difficult with many vehicles though. I don't think you can really go wrong with either seat though

GoofyG

I've tried both but I'm no help because I like them both. :)

What kind of car do you drive? How long do you intend to RF? Is he long or short torsoed?

I drive a 2003 Chrysler Town and Country. All of my kiddos are long bodied, but they are light weights with the weight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC