Question Help with my XT!

firemomof3

So, my 3y/o had an accident tonight in her XT and soaked the crotch strap & latch strap. I can replace the crotch strap but what do I do about the latch strap? What would you guys do? :confused:

ADS

gsdguenter

Soaked as in you'd consider it to have been "submerged" or you'd have to submerge it to clean it? Not sure either way matters, but that must be a lot of pee. Sorry, no advice really just bumping for you. Would it be okay to let it dry and then wipe with and damp cloth and mild soap? kwim?

firemomof3

Well, ya the strap was soaked :( I did wipe it down with a damp cloth but I just don't know now.
But.....this might give me an excuse to order the XTSL :rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It really wouldn't bother me. Wipe it all down with a wet rag and call it a day. They soak harnesses in fake pee and cola and juice and then re-test them, and they are fine. It's soaking in bleach and industrial cleaners that leaves harnesses actually visibly frayed and damaged looking that is a problem.

tiggercat

I probably would have just rinsed them off and let them dry. I don't replace my baby's harness every time he pukes on the straps, and I didn't replace my MA's crotch strap when Megan peed in it...

firemomof3

Thank you both for your reasuring response :love:
I have the seat sitting in the sun now after wiping it down again and it does smell much better.

Raegansmom4

I really wouldn't be scared to add a drop of mild dish soap or baby shampoo to the water to sponge down the crotch strap and latch strap and then "rinse" by sponging w/ clean water. Submerging is more like leaving it soaking for a while. Getting it quite wet to clean but not soaking it is different.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, rinsing gently with water is nothing to be concerned about, as long as you don't soak it for hours, add bleach, wring it, etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC