Frontier cover problems, what to do?

arly1983

I am majorly regreting not getting Canyon Frontiers. My 3 month old Rushmore is looking pretty bad in the seat area. THe Pink Sky is about 3 weeks old and starting to pick badly. Darn mesh.

Sooooo do I go ahead and call? Wait for it to get worse? Is it even worth calling about?

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Do you mean you regret not getting Sahara, the non-mesh one? Me too, and it would even look crummy in my gray car, lol. Call. Complain. They HAVE to stop making these things, and a loud voice from us has got to help (actually, my pink sky looked fine due to barely any use, and I traded it for a slightly more snagged red one, so that's why I didn't call...)

stephcali

I just called Britax last week about my Pink Sky cover and I was told that they will have new covers coming in at the end of this month. I am under the impression that they do not have mesh on the bottom part where the legs are. They made a note in my account and I just need to call back and they are going to send me a new cover since it is still under warranty.

I am just very disappointed in the quality of these covers coming from a very high quality company. And really I don't see how anyone would like the feel of the mesh on their bare legs :shrug-shoulders:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, I am with you on the mesh. And it seems like *every* seat has it now (Ok, I exaggerate...), but the Turbos and even Alpha Omegas have mesh now :thumbsdown: Totally lame trend, IMO. (at least they are softer than the Britax mesh :rolleyes:)

kandamom

I just called Britax last week about my Pink Sky cover and I was told that they will have new covers coming in at the end of this month. I am under the impression that they do not have mesh on the bottom part where the legs are. They made a note in my account and I just need to call back and they are going to send me a new cover since it is still under warranty.

Interesting, I called Britax yesterday to ask if they had any new covers coming out in the near future, and they told me they didn't. I've been following this thread, because I would like to get ds2 a Frontier when he is ff. (might be sooner than I had hoped:() I don't like the Sahara at all for the Frontier, but I have read too many complaints about the mesh covers. Is this a definite thing? Should I call back and talk to someone else?

Thanks,

stephcali

Hmmm that is strange. Maybe they were willing to tell me since I already own a Frontier and was complaining about it. The girl I talked to was very nice, I was also calling about getting a new manual because my DD had a potty accident in her carseat and in completely ruined the manual. She originally told me it would cost $$11.95 to ship which I thought was crazy so I said no thanks. But I also needed a new seat pad (the part under the cover) because mine was ripped through one of the crotch holes, they sent me this for free since it was still under warranty. I got the package yesterday (called last Wednesday so a little over a week) and inside the package was a brand new manual too! She didn't tell me she would go ahead and put one in there so I was very pleasantly surprised :)

In any case I will definitely be calling again in a couple of weeks and hopefully the information they gave me was accurate!

jujumum

I've been holding out for a non-mesh Frontier (other than the Sahara), but now I wonder if I should just go ahead and get a $206 sale one and have them send me a replacement cover down with road if the mesh cover doesn't hold up? I don't want to pay the standard $279 for a non-mesh one when I could get a sale Pink Sky one and they need to replace it if it doesn't hold up. Hmm...

Mingie

CPST Instructor
I have a Pink Sky Frontier and have had it since early July. It does not have mesh on the seat part. It is just plain black. I am in Canada. So that cover definitely does exist.

jujumum

I have a Pink Sky Frontier and have had it since early July. It does not have mesh on the seat part. It is just plain black. I am in Canada. So that cover definitely does exist.

:eek: There is hope on the horizon!! Where did you get it? Do you have pics?

kandamom

I've been holding out for a non-mesh Frontier (other than the Sahara), but now I wonder if I should just go ahead and get a $206 sale one and have them send me a replacement cover down with road if the mesh cover doesn't hold up? I don't want to pay the standard $279 for a non-mesh one when I could get a sale Pink Sky one and they need to replace it if it doesn't hold up. Hmm...

Where are you finding it for $206? I would like to buy a booster for ds1 in dh's vehicle. I was toying with the idea of getting a Frontier sometime soon and having ds1 use it until ds2 needs it. I have been waiting, partly because I want to see if they bring out some new covers. That's a great price!

Thanks,

kittykate

You can actually get it from diapers.com for $196.30 shipped. You have to call, ask them to price match the babycatalog.com price (tell them currently have the seat 5% off with the code 5OFF) and then use the code 10percent at diapers.com to get to $196.30.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

CSN baby has them for for $206.63 using the 10percent coupon at check out. I have to pay tax at diapers.com so that made the price higher. I know they had canyon and sahara last night when I checked them out. I ordered another because I couldn't stand waiting anymore.

KelliBella

I just (in the last week) got a replacement cover from Britax for our Red Rock. Went with the Sahara. So much nicer then the mesh. They told me they didn't have any other covers coming out, and they made it seem like the Sahara was the only option. I am going to be PO'ed if new covers come out soon.

Heather98012

OMG, that would be great! Our Pink Sky isn't really that bad...it just looks gross. Dirty marks where dd's legs are. Blech. Our Red Rock is holding up MUCH better, but it's used like 1/10th of the time, too. But, I would pay for a new Pink cover that was non mesh just to have it look better & keep the crappy mesh one as a backup.

Mingie, does it say if the cover you have is machine washable (please say yes, please say yes)?

April

I saw a new Pink Sky Frontier cover today. No mesh on the seat part, and no lime green piping on the side (I hated that lime green). Here's a a pic. I'm buying on tomorrow for DD1 to use in booster mode.:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC