Sunshine Kids Monterey Booster Car Steat - Monterey Pink

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Oh, man -- I'm gonna all over this when it comes out ... be expecting me in the swap section with Parkway + Compass :p

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Is there a weight limit on the LATCH with this booster?

I just spoke to Russ and he said that there isn't a LATCH limit since this seat is designed differently since it is the LATCH that is holding in the seat and the seatbelt is holding in the child.

clek

Correct. When latch is used on a booster seat it is only restraining the weight of the seat. The weight of the child is restrained by the seatbelt. Therefore, the typical 40 pound latch weight limit does not apply. Our seats, for instance, can be used latched up to 100 pounds.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I'm keep checking and rechecking abby's sholders in the radain to be sure that she's still ok in it, i know i know you can use it when sholders go above but still, I'm wanting to get get her one and possible replace austin's parkway with this since his's legs are so long in the parkway. I really need to start saving up now!

Elizasmom

I wonder if it would be okay to "fake" LATCH this seat in the center of a vehicle like a Toyota where that would normally not be allowed. The LATCH connectors could fail (but likely wouldn't due to the low weight) and it wouldn't matter because LATCH is optional for a booster. I know, I know, "it hasn't been tested that way", but I do wonder.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I think that could very well be the case & I'd love to hear a definitive answer :)

(sitting here comtemplating our future collection of boosters once the niche seats are no longer necessary :eek:)

mamaofthree

Just came across this thread- is it possible that a child can be too small for the Monterey? It says extra long depth or something, for long legs, which makes me wonder if it would be too big for my small 6 yo. Actually, I'm not sure how short she is, she's mostly just skinny. I would like to replace her TB, and thought I had decided on the Vivo, but now I am interested in the Monterey. She could stay in it forever! And PINK!!! That is the best part, lol.

Kimberly

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Just came across this thread- is it possible that a child can be too small for the Monterey? It says extra long depth or something, for long legs, which makes me wonder if it would be too big for my small 6 yo. Actually, I'm not sure how short she is, she's mostly just skinny. I would like to replace her TB, and thought I had decided on the Vivo, but now I am interested in the Monterey. She could stay in it forever! And PINK!!! That is the best part, lol.

Kimberly

Here are the measurements for the seat, it adjusts all over the place!
Montereyspecs.jpg

tjham

It looks great!

But too bad the names Monarch and Monterey are so close. You just know it's going to cause confusion. Did I hear the Graco Triton will now be the Sprout (?) because it was too close to Triumph and Titan? :D

mamaofthree

Thanks for posting those measurements! Gonna go measure the TB to see how it compares in length from front to back.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Sent over the weekend

Hi Russ, it’s been a couple of weeks, any pictures of the Pink Monterey yet? I am trying to be patient, but I am insanely excited about it, so please forgive me!

Oh, and I heard through the grapevine (CPST’s stay well connected) that the Radian is supposed to be tested to 40 pounds rear facing by the end of the year?! Any update on that?!

Thanks so much for your time!

His reply

Lisa,

We finally (yes, finally) got the sample pink/grey cover for Monterey. It really looks nice! In a week or so we should have photos. I am glad you are insanely excited…but no more so than us!!!

40 lbs RF – yes, we will do it. This will not be a problem for Radian, it’s just a question of scheduling testing. We are focusing hard on getting Monterey into production soon. When we do the next test series, we will 40 lbs RF.

Russ

mamaofthree

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!! I love how SKJP leaks their info, lol! Smart business move- free advertising that keeps us from buying something else while waiting for their new product. I just hope it comes out soon, and doesn't keep getting pushed back.

Kimberly

Kellyr2

Awesome. This will definitely be in the running as our next purchase. I think the LATCH option plus it's higher weight limit (one thing I see says up to 100, someone else said 120?) plus the backless option really makes it stand out above the rest.
Anyone think those arm rests look odd, though? I wonder if they'll be pretty useless like the Monarch's?

becca011906

Senior Community Member
the 'arm rests' lookmore like the 'blet guids' to keep the seat blet low and/ or they help protect the lower torso/hips in a SIP crash... I am so so excited about this!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC