Radian Successful Install Thread

ADS

PurpleCat

I can post here finally!!

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
RF 2nd row outboard driver's side with LATCH

not checked by a tech yet - it will in a few weeks.
it's not rock solid but very little movement at the belt path.

mommycat

Yeah, these are probably all repeats of someone else:

2001 Honda Civic
FF center rear, ALR seatbelt and top tether, reclined setting
FF outboard driver's side, ALR seatbelt and top tether, reclined setting
* don't remember if I needed to twist the beltstalk or not ETA: yes, I needed to twist 2-3x

2007 Honda Civic
FF outboard passenger's side, UAS and top tether, reclined setting

2004 Chev Silverado extended cab
FF center, UAS and top tether, reclined setting

2007(?) Hyundai Santa Fe
FF outboard driver's side, UAS and top tether, reclined setting - we reclined the vehicle seat a bit, tightened up, and shoved the vehicle seat back up, that really made it rock solid, totally wedged in there. ;)

2007 Honda Civic
FF outboard (driver's and passenger's side), UAS or seatbelt and top tether, reclined or non-reclined setting (I seem to have an easier time with the reclined setting). I do need to twist the buckle stalk 2-3x for the seatbelt installs.
also
RF driver's side or center, seatbelt. Can't remember if I had to twist the buckle stalk or not - I need to start taking notes. :rolleyes:

amyd

2004 Honda Civic
Passenger side with UAS/LATCH
RF tethered
I'm a tech.

IMG_1649.jpg

Also goes in nicely in the center with seatbelt. 1 full twist of the buckle stalk.

Last edited:

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
2010 Toyota Prius

Driver's side, FF, seat belt and LATCH (not at the same time ;) ), tethered

Center, FF, seat belt, buckle stalk twisted twice to avoid latchplate being inside belt path

Passenger side, RF, LATCH, no tether (nothing to attach it to), seat belt installation did not work well (RFing pushes the front passenger seat too far forward for anyone to sit comfortably)

Checked by me, I'm a tech

Last edited:

Casby

Radian 80XTSL 2005 Odyssey
Rear Facing 3rd Row Driver Side Outboard with Seatbelt

Note: Installed with a CPST. We tried both outboard positions in the 3rd row and got good installs in both places. However, driver’s side was better, totally rock solid, possibly due to being right handed and having a better “angle of attack”. Note that in our install we did recline the seat during the install and raise it at the end. She advised me that this was somewhat controversial on these boards, but it worked great for us.

Install Steps:

- Recline car’s seat as far as it will go
- Thread seat belt and buckle – stalk twisted clockwise 1x
- Position the Radian towards passenger side very close to buckle
- Pull Radian boot away from the bight and hold more upright
- Push, twist, hold upright every which way and tighten, really work the seat!! Manually help feed belt down into retractor.

---Now here’s our "trick"--

- There is a plastic part in the bight of the seat on the driver’s side. Slide the Radian over so that the right boot “foot” on Radian is now on the right side of that plastic piece.
- Continue to work the seat tighten – should get more retraction here
- Then slide the Radian back towards the middle of the car so that the right boot “foot” on Radian is back on the left side of the plastic seat part and the Radian is not touching the plastic…only cushion.
- Raise recline of the car’s seat

Last edited:

Pixels

2005 Hyundai Elantra

Forward facing center (seatbelt, no dedicated LATCH in this position) upright mode
Forward facing behind the passenger (seatbelt) upright mode

Twisted the female buckle stalk three times. Other than that, it was a straightforward, relatively easy install. The tether anchors are close to the seat which made tightening difficult but certainly not impossible, and I was able to get it tight (unlike the EFTA, the tether anchor is too close to fully tighten the tether in this vehicle with this carseat).

I am a tech.

Last edited:

simplychels

2008 Pontiac G6

RF'ing, off center UAS (the designated "center" UAS according to the vehicles manual puts it off center). install is rock the car solid
eta: Picture
img2962g.jpg

will edit when I try other positions, thats just my position of choice.

I am a tech.

Last edited:

babygirlsmom1005

1992 Chevrolet Suburban
Lap/Shoulder Belt w/ RF'ing Tether on Drivers Side, Center Row, Bench Seat
Rear Facing and rock solid

Note: you can get a AWESOME upright RF'ing install with this vehicle and the Radian!!!

Not checked by a CPST

britfish

2003 Dodge Ram pickup 4 door
Center rear position FF w/ belt.
Rock solid AWESOME install and easy to get that way!

Not checked, but I did post pics. on this site.

LP Mom

2001 Honda CRV

Rear facing Radian XT SL in the center of the backseat

Lapbelt install w/ Rear Tether

Rock solid :)

Last edited:

Calideedle

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan

FFing in all 5 positions, seatbelt. Rock solid.
RFing in all 5 positions, seatbelt. Rock solid and very upright!

I haven't tried LATCH yet.

I am not a tech, not checked. I did post pictures here though. ;)

770ac010.jpg

JerseyGirl'sMama

2007 Acura MDX
Radian XTSL DOM 12/2009

Rear-facing, center (bench), with LATCH
-No tricks here. Installs just fine at a newborn angle this way.

Rear-facing, center (bench), with lap/shoulder belt
-The seatbelt was easier to get a more upright install. Thanks to Judi, we got a 30 degree angle by twisting the belt stalk down 2 times.

Rear-facing, outboard passenger (bench) with LATCH
-For more upright install, pulled boot out of the seat bight, right before the bump. Not near as upright as the center with seatbelt install.

devildogtigress

2003 Kia Spectra GSX (Hatchback)
Latch: Both outside seats
Seatbelt: Middle seat

This isn't the easiest of cars to install the seat in, and takes some real tugging to get the seats installed well.

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan

Back Bench: Successful install in all 3 seats with seatbelts (again, difficult) and two outer seats with LATCH.

Front Passenger side Captain's Chair: Successful FF LATCH Install

Front Driver's Side Captain's Chair: Successful FF and RF install with LATCH

I found that the Caravan has very easy seats to install the radian in. We used the Radian 65.

mkmama

2000 Ford Windstar, RF, 3rd row drivers side outboard, rock solid install, and pretty upright too...it was a dream to install! Installs both LATCH and seatbelt.

ETA: After playing around, I was also able to easily install it outboard passenger side with LATCH and seatbelt...seatbelt gives a more rock-solid install, but LATCH gives a very tight install as well.

Last edited:

emthecountrycat

97' toyota previa
middle captains chair (drivers side too)
seatbelt (no LATCH) rock solid and pretty upright with a LC
3rd row NO go in outboard the male end is on the belt path (per tech on this website) and middle was very reclined probably 45* or more.

if you know previas you know about the drivers seat tipping back to do an oil change/engine work. well i was able to(with my brother) to get it install upright
enough that if your carful and mess with the drivers seat with the front/back handle around the wheel you can tip it and access the engie with the seat installed by about 1/4 inch. ans it hass the perfect tether point below the front seat tracks.

i am not a tech it was not checked but i posted pics.
IMG_2030.jpg

Last edited:

armywife12

08 Mazda CX-7

RF Center with seat belt: Install not rock solid but was acceptable. Reclined too much for my 2 yr old though. Had to twist belt stalk 2 full times

RF Outerboard passenger side with LATCH: Rock solid with nice upright install. I was able to get it more reclined for younger kiddos as well.

FF Center with seat belt: Worked on it for only about 5 minutes but got an acceptable install with the time given. I would probably need to twist the belt stalk a couple of times to ensure the buckle stayed away from the belt path.

Haven't tried other positions yet and these installs have not yet been checked by a Certified Tech

mamahen

Not sure if there's an UNsuccessful thread, but I thought I'd add mine in here.
I have an 02 Infiniti QX4 and was NOT able to get a good install with a Radian XTSL. I think it is the same as the same year of Nissan Pathfinder. The belt stalks are too long. It would have been fine if I had latch.

Last edited:

dogmelissa

I could NOT possibly be any happier to be posting here today!!!!!!!!

100% successful install with the Radian (Premier) today!

1994 Grand Am (4 Door)
RF install, approx 35* recline, centre seat
Seatbelt install (lap-only belt), but needs the 3 full twists of the buckle stalk to keep it out of the belt path.
RF tether attached to seat rail of passenger seat.

Driver's seat is still able to go ALL the way back - horray for DH!! - as apparently the 'centre' seat isn't quite in the centre of the car.
Passenger seat moved backward to touch seat (but not pushing on it); still very useable front seat (though I didn't actually sit in it to see how comfy I'd be).

Was installed by a tech - HUGE thanks go out to Angie (canadiangie) for her expert help with this - and for totally making my YEAR!

And because I took 'em, here's pictures of the install (base for our bucket seat in the outboard passenger seat, just ignore it):
P1161534.jpg

P1161533.jpg

We went right in and bought one and though DH thinks I'm crazy, I'm totally in love and very very excited to be able to use this seat!!!!

Melissa
(wow, sorry that the pics are so big)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC