Radian Successful Install Thread

apsupermom

2007 Nissan Versa bench
FF belt both outboard and middle with tether
FF latch outboard, tether (this was the easiest install for FF but no way to do 3 across this way becasue of off center lower anchors)
RF center, belt and d ring tether point, twisted belt stalk 3 times is the only way to get it solid
(the above center install was tech checked but I think she was clueless because she wanted me to turn my 2 year old FF)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder
FF, outboard, belt
ff center belt (this is quite hard though)

2007 Dodge Caliber
RF outboard, latch only
ff latch only
Both were a PITA...it was a rental car...

ADS

shorty393

2006 Ford Freestyle (now Taurus X)
RF passenger side with LATCH

2009 Lexus IS 250
RF passenger side with LATCH

super easy in both vehicles, doesnt budge at all.

also FF in Freestyle 3rd row with latch.

Amaris

2005 Ford Expedition
Leather seats, 3 seat middle row

rear facing in outboard position 3rd row with seatbelt Rock solid install, was very easy to install

rear facing outboard middle row with latch good install slight movement but well under an inch It did take a bit if work to get it tight.

rear facing middle seat middle row seatbelt install I was able to get a pretty upright install using the seatbelt in this position, however I did have to use a locking clip to keep the seat from tipping and to achieve a tight install. The belt would not get tight enough without it.

forward facing middle row outboard seatbelt install This took a few minutes but wasn't too hard. I didn't play around with the seat forward facing much, just enough to make sure I could get a good seatbelt install forward facing when the time comes.

U

Unregistered

Radian65 -- I have it rock solid in the center position in a 2004 Volvo V70 FF with seatbelt. Have to raise the headrest a little for a snug fit. I could not get it solid outboard because the non-removable headrest pushes the back of the seat forward and its not flush with seatback. I have three accross with RF Roundabout outboard passenger side LATCH; and a FF Roundabout outboard driver side with seatbelt.

KrystleO_1027

i got it VERY solid RF in a 2003 Hyundai Sonata. Behind passenger seat with Latch, and tethered to the driver seat track. I haven't attempted it in the middle yet, because i can't use it there right now (FF marathon behind passenger seat, and they don't fit side by side) Couldn't get a super tight install with the seat belt, the female end of the belt is too long and i could only twist it once...still didn't work.

Oh, and i'm really short (5'2''), so the driver seat is already moved up far. That's the only reason it works, the radian just touches the front seat.

mommy2jasmine

2008 Subaru Tribeca

RF
Outboard with LATCH - Solid install.
Outboard with seat belt - Solid install.
Center with seat belt - Solid install.

Went in very easy. Pretty reclined, but not over reclined. (Here's a pic)

IMG_2979-1.jpg

I don't think it took too much away from the front seaters room, but I'm pretty small.

Not yet checked by a tech.

1999 Toyota Sienna (Not sure if there is a difference between model years)

RF
Captains chairs with seat belt - Solid install

Went in super easy. Pretty reclined, but not over reclined. (Probably at 45*)

Definitely still room for drivers and front passenger

Not yet checked by tech

Note: Installs probably won't be tech checked, but I'm positive they are correct. The d-ring strap for the RF tether almost doesn't fit in both vehicles. The metal piece just BARELY come through the loop.

Last edited:

3plus2isme

2010 Kia Forte

FF behind the pass seat w/LATCH.

Went in ROCK SOLID in under 30 seconds.

I didn't try very hard with a seat belt but I got mad and gave up. The belt stalk is LONG and doesn't twist very well so it was making it hard-ish. (Ok, I was hungry, tired and wanted to go inside haha)

lundaylove

Ive installed our SKR65 RFing in our 99 Ford Explorer with seatbelt install (as it has no latch) in the center position and both outboard positions as well.
We have also successfully installed it FFing in a 97 Dodge Caravan, 09 Toyota Sienna, and 09 Chrysler Town n Country with no problems.
Only the Explorer installs have been checked by a certified tech, in MD. the others were while on vacation but there was no movement thru the beltpath whatsoever.

8734_1196303147581_1228547252_30730.jpg

Keri

Year: 2008
Make/Model: Saturn Astra
Method of install: LATCH and top tether
Direction of seat: Rear-Facing
Position: Outboard - Bench seat

LP Mom

Car seat: Radian XT SL
Car: 2005 BMW X5
Method of install: Lap/Shoulder Belt with Rear Tether
Direction of seat: Rear-Facing
Position: Center

Rock solid but a bit reclined. :) Checked by Safety Squad car seat tech who gave it a thumbs up.

Last edited:

catfeet

Radian 65 original design-
FFing in a 05 Honda Ody, 3rd row passenger side outboard, L/S belt
FFing in a 05 Toyota Prius, driver side outboard, L/S belt
FFing in a 1990 Ford Club Wagon, 3rd row bench seat/convertible bed, lap belt

There are some others, but I don't know the year or specific model of the cars, though they were early 2000's Acura sedans.

Ann

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
1999 Dodge Intrepid

Outboard both rear and forward facing, twisted the belt stalk 3 times

For rear facing, I moved the seat away from the belt stalk, towards the door.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
2004 KIA Magentis sedan (same platform as Hyundai Sonata) with leather seats

Radian XT Rear-Facing installed rock solid in centre 2nd row by seatbelt and rf tethered

emandbri

I installed a radian FF, outboard, in my MIL's 2009 camry, with latch and it was as if the seat was made to go in that car! It went in SOOOOO easy! :D

AmandaR

2006 Honda Odyssey

*all very solid installs*
Radian 65SL

RF 2nd row captain's chairs with LATCH (easy, did alone while 9.5 months pregnant)
RF 2nd row 8th seat with seatbelt (suprisingly not super difficult)

2007 Honda Accord 4 door

RF middle with seatbelt (harder to get than the Odyssey installs)
RF passenger outboard with LATCH (makes passenger seat unusable)

Calleiah

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche-

RF in center (LATCH) and Driver side OB (seat belt). Very solid.

FF center (LATCH) and Driver side OB (seat belt). Also very solid

2001 Saturn SL 4dr sedan-

FF & RF Center (seat belt), belt stalk twisted 2 full turns. RF install is picky and sometimes takes more work than others.

tribord

2006 Toyota Corolla LE
RadianXT
RF
behind passenger seat (wanted to put it in the middle but it interfered with the driver's seat)
LATCH
top-tethered to right seat post of passenger seat
*the front passenger seat is moved so far forward there really isn't room for anyone to sit there (and I would feel uncomfortable if they did due to closeness to the airbag).

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Radian65
RF
center
lap belt
top-tethered to right seat post of driver seat
*nothing in the 4Runner manual about child car seat not being allowed to touch the front seats; the seat is slightly touching the driver's seat so my husband has room to drive.

Install has been verified by a CPST

monstah

2006 Ford Freestyle (now named TaurusX)

FF 3rd row passengers side - LATCH & seatbelt

FF 3rd row driver side - seatbelt ( but no top tether in that position)

FF 2nd row passenger side - LATCH & seatbelt

FF 2nd row center - seatbelt

FF 2nd drivers side - LATCH compatible, near impossible w/ seatbelt

RF 2nd row passenger - LATCH or seatbelt

RF 2nd row center - seatbelt. Must use the new style boot to fit between seat hinges.

RF 2nd row driver - LATCH but driver needs to be OK chewing on the steering while while driving. (I'm 5'5" and it doesn't give me any room.)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC