Monterey DOES have 22" top guides!!

hi jamie sorry it took me some time to get back to you. i measured from the dowel to guide & got about 1in (that's the VERY bottom if guide) to the opening of guide i got 1.25in.

ok laughin at the picky eatin. it's amazing. TC eats like CRAZY. he sometimes eats more than me! what a pig & a skinny lil guy. hee hee

Thanks Ginny, looks like it would give Cody 1" of torso room, which might last him a year, of course who knows with him. What do you think? How long does it take to grow in the torso?
HHmm what to do:scratcheshead:

Jamie

ADS

trinityklm

Has anyone talked to SKJP about this yet? It turns out mine doesn't go all the way up either. We don't need the room yet, but we will. I wonder if SKJP will replace the "defective" ones.

emandbri

Wierd, I posted last night and now it is gone. If I violated some rule and it was removed can someone please let me know?

I got my monterey the belt guid is only 20 1/2 inches tall. I tried to force it and broke my nail and it was bleeding! With it not going high enough Jacob is too tall for it.

Other then it not being tall enough for the child I bought it for I really do like the seat. The fabric is soft, it has lots of padding, it is wide if enough for Jacob. He was in a prospect and I never have been happy with it because the shoulder belt is too close to his neck. With the monterey it is in the right place.

I'm going to post a poll about the belt guides and will call sunshine kids tomorrow.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I couldn't get decent pictures, but I *just* fit in the Monterey -- both width & height.... I'll try again to get pics some weekend soon.

My kiddo loves this booster, though :love: Just as I thought, since it LATCHes in, she is capable of buckling herself up correctly without help :) She has the leg & head support she loves, the seatbelt rests more on her thighs than on the hip bones (less risk of submarining) & right across the collar bone without slipping out of the belt guides (as can happen with our Parkway). She managed to keep the belt from twisting, too :thumbsup: She is 43+ pounds, barely shy of 52" tall, 6 years old.

featherhead

Wierd, I posted last night and now it is gone. If I violated some rule and it was removed can someone please let me know?

I think yesterday "disappeared" from the forum. I too posted yesterday on a different thread, and its gone. Last night I tried getting on the website, but there was some kind of error.

emandbri

Okay I got it to 22! I was checking out the pictures with the dow rods and yard sticks and mine was definately shorter then that and when I measured the back I got slightly over 6 inches and half the last rectangle was showing. By pressing down on the red handel and wiggeling it from side to side I was able to get it up to 22 inches tall (when slightly reclined) and the back measures slightly over 7 inches. The handel is now stuck though, I can't easily change the height if I wanted to use it for another child.

trinityklm

I think I may have some answers. Let me preface this by saying this is MY interpretation as to what was told to me. If I misinterpreted anything, it's on me.

I spoke with Russ at SKJP and tried to explain what was going on. Basically, he said that we should not have to yank, tug, or otherwise "convince" the seat back to get it to the approximate height of 22" (approximate because each person measures slightly differently). He said there are 12 positions in the height adjustments (he verified this with the designer of the seat for me today). You need to count carefully because they are somewhat close together.

His seat showed five rows of squares on the back with the last one being somewhat covered at the bottom. He thinks that the differences in the pics with the yardsticks across the side wings could be attributed to the way the side wings adjust. They actually "rotate" out rather than spread apart. So when they are all the way in the wings are closer to the belt guides and when they are all the way out, there is more space because they lower slightly due to the rotation.

It is my understanding that if we are getting 13 (or more) adjustments or significant extra height using muscle, it is not being used correctly. He did reiterate that the measurements are done from the seat bottom to the belt guide without the cover.

I think that was it.

emandbri

I talked to russ as well for quite a while and dito on what trinityklm said.

Here are my pictures.

with the seat upright and seat without the cover I get slightly under 22 inches when I measure to the energy absorbing foam.

DSC01687.JPG

DSC01688.JPG

Measuring from the back to the headrest I get a little less than 6 1/2 inches.

DSC01682.JPG

Since "22 inches" is so subjective I'm going to do another poll to see what measurement people are getting on the back.

ginny4

oh boy. so the forcing it up is not recommended by russ. not that i'm surprised totally. i was a lil unsure about doing that. still my son has lots of room. nothing to be worried about for now at least.
emily your pics were just what i had before i yanked it up further

Mommy2Five

When mine were stuck, I was getting just over 19 inches without the cover, and a 5.5 inch neck. If he doesn't reccomend forcing them up, are they going to replace the defective seats?

Mommy2Five

Here is mine next to DDs TB the day we got them. All of my pics were taken with the wings all the way in...

IMG_0030.jpg

U

Unregistered1

Can somebody take a pic of the Monterey adjusted to where Russ said it should be at the top position next to a turbobooster at the top position?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC