Monterey DOES have 22" top guides!!

HI,

Wow this makes me upset, although before I sent it back I pulled & pulled on my mine & no way it would go higher, I could actually hear it hit something so of course assumed it was in the highest position.

Ginny, could you take a pic of it in the new highest setting, I only have a pic of the one I had from the front view & with the yard stick on the SIP measuring with the tape measure, so I the can compare it to the one I sent back.

Ugh truly upsets me, maybe mine was more of a severe defect.

Jamie

ADS

ginny4

HI,

Wow this makes me upset, although before I sent it back I pulled & pulled on my mine & no way it would go higher, I could actually hear it hit something so of course assumed it was in the highest position.

Ginny, could you take a pic of it in the new highest setting, I only have a pic of the one I had from the front view & with the yard stick on the SIP measuring with the tape measure, so I the can compare it to the one I sent back.

Ugh truly upsets me, maybe mine was more of a severe defect.

Jamie

i knew you would be not thrilled AT all sicne you JUST sent it back. BTW how in the world do you know when it is actually returned. i tried returning the parkway & haven't heard or can see online any info about my return. i'm kinda worried. i sent it on the 2nd. so maybe it's too early?

back to question. no pics right now. DH has the camara for the weekend. :( does the pics that OP have work for you? FWIW i measured yesterday & got the same #'s as her when lifted all the way up. it added another .5in. so i don't think Cody would have enough room anyway to be worth it. wasn't he already at the limit?

Hi Ginny,

Fedex delivered it back to them Thursday, May 1st, I tracked it online, then I got my refund Monday, May 5th.

Well if it only added .5" then it wouldn't be worth it, since Cody was at or actually past the 1 cm rule. Do you think yours is even actually all the way up? Sounds like to me there is some defect. I emailed Russ to let him know too.

Maybe they shouldn't of have it made in China, I am so leary of china made products now.

Jamie

ginny4

Hi Ginny,

Fedex delivered it back to them Thursday, May 1st, I tracked it online, then I got my refund Monday, May 5th.

Well if it only added .5" then it wouldn't be worth it, since Cody was at or actually past the 1 cm rule. Do you think yours is even actually all the way up? Sounds like to me there is some defect. I emailed Russ to let him know too.

Maybe they shouldn't of have it made in China, I am so leary of china made products now.

Jamie

uh oh i look into my return. something doesn't seem right here.

when i lifted it all the way it looks EXACTLY liek mommy2five's pics. the extended neck is 7in. before it was 6.5in. mommy2five said she had a 1.5in difference but i think hers was stuck farther in. not sure how to explain it. pictures are so much easier to show what you mean. UGH. oooh i justthought i'll use my parents camara when i go there tonight to show where it was for me before & after the total extention

ginny4

jamie! oh thankgoodness. they recieved the parkway & refunded my card yesterday (just not posted yet). i was so concerned but nothing to worry about on that

I wish I could remember how many squares had been showing with mine, ugh:(

But I am thinking maybe the last squares weren't up on mine. I do specifically remember trying to get it to go higher (since I thought it should go higher) & it hitting something inside, even making a noise like it ran into something.

The one pic that would be good to get is a front pic with the yard stick bewteen the sip & headwings. I know the yard stick touched the red guides.

Let me see if I can figure out how to post a pic:)

Jamie

Sceason1972

As for the questions on upper belt guides. That doesn't mean the top part of the belt guide, it means upper vs lower (as in the red area the lap belt goes across.) So the bottom of the upper guide needs to be 1cm above the shoulder.

Mommy2Five

I'll take a yard stick pic of mine when I get home from work. I didn't get a chance to call SKJP today (3 sick kiddos today), but I'll update when I talk to them.

Mommy2Five

Here they are.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Jamie,

I lowered mine to where it was stuck before (the whole bottom row/ 1.5 inches) and it looked exactly like your picture.
That stinks that you just returned one, do you think 1.5 inches would have made it worth keeping?

Last edited:
Thanks for those pics! I guess mine truly was stuck, when you got it to go up how hard was it to do & how many tries did it take? When I had tried it on mine, it sounded like it was hitting a solid piece of plastic. That is why I thought it was high as it would go.

Hard telling not having him try it with the higher setting. Here he is with it stuck. Wish there was one nearby where I live!

Monterey-12-1.jpg

Thanks, Jamie

Stretchy Glue

I got mine yesterday:love::love:. Mine went up to the 22 inch slot without fight. I'll put pictures up later. DD got pink which she's okay with, but she's never been a pink kid. I am in love with it though. I'll post pictures later.

ginny4

i did some pics too last night. i didn't have a yard stick but i had a wooden dowel i guessed about the same width of a yard stick from what i could tell.
this is with it ALL the way up
CIMG0150.jpg

& with it in where i originally had it. abouta .5in or so difference
CIMG0155.jpg

i didn't snap pic (i don't know why) but i lowered it one more notch. the rod was touchin the belt guide like it look on yours.

i would order on walmart. same price & have it delievred for $3 & if it still doesn't work out still then you can return to the store. you'll be out 3 more dollars or of course you can do site to store. it totally makes sense to me now why cody looked so much different than my TC in the seat with like the same torso height (19in?) i think Cody would have tons of room! i'd try it AGAIN.

ginny4

jamie when i tried yeah it sounded liek it was hitting somthin & i thougth ok that must be it. when JoAnn told us here that there is more DH pullup headrest & pushed up the headrest (gray area) rather than just tuggin while squeezin the red lever. OH MY that is as clear as mud. LOL

laccaycol

Ok someone asked for pic's of an adult in the monterey. Well here is the bottom part of me im 5'6 and 123 pounds. In my 3rd row i was too tall. I hit my head on the roof of my van lol. Maybe ill take out my regent and try it in the cap's chair. My hip area is kinda squished but leg room isnt bad at all. It is a nice seat i just need a smaller booty:p

(sorry its fuzzy realized after that i had a finger print on the lens lol)
meinmont007.jpg

meinmont006.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Ginny your pic looks like it has even more room than the OP! Maybe angle of the pics.

Since Cody has been in a lbb since Feb/March , I have gotten use to him without a hbb.

Cody has grown, I measured his torso again, he measures 20", then with shoulders straight back to 20.5" & with his shoulders relaxed he is 19.5". Unless there was something wrong with the side wings too, his shoulders were still above it, so it might not still give him much growing room. He still looked so big in it. Although I only live 1 minute from Walmart & could do site to store:D

If not maybe I will try and find a more comfy LBB, since he says this one gets uncomfortable, he has the Dakota Combi.

You get so much more growing room for TC that is great!!

Thanks everyone for the pics! At least we know now that mine had a defect. I emailed elitecarseats to let them know. Russ said he hadn't heard there were any issues, but would look into it, so maybe others should write or call.

Oh maybe we should let people know over on BBC too.

Jamie

ginny4

jamie. what on earth are you feeding that boy??:p i see that cody's shoulders are way up there to a lil past the sides. TC is defintily shorter. i would just be a tiny bit curous as to the fit on Cody. silly me would buy it at walmart just to see. i'm such a dork that way but i don't think i could just not try. but i'm a lunatic so don't mind me. i bought a parkway just to know too. :D

i'llk be taking new pics of DS in it (new height) to share on the BBC.

Mommy2Five

I got mine yesterday:love::love:. Mine went up to the 22 inch slot without fight. I'll put pictures up later.

Yay! You finally got yours! I'm glad you got a non-defective seat :) I'd love to see pics when you get a chance! ( I'm curious to see the back of the neck in the top position )

jamie. what on earth are you feeding that boy??:p i see that cody's shoulders are way up there to a lil past the sides. TC is defintily shorter. i would just be a tiny bit curous as to the fit on Cody. silly me would buy it at walmart just to see. i'm such a dork that way but i don't think i could just not try. but i'm a lunatic so don't mind me. i bought a parkway just to know too. :D

i'llk be taking new pics of DS in it (new height) to share on the BBC.

Actually he hardly eats anything!! He is so picky!! He also doesn't eat meat.

hhhmmm how about you measure from the dowel to the bottom of the top guide in the highest setting, so I know how much more room he would have.

Wow Jenny a non-defective seat that's great? Didn't you get yours in the
2nd batch? Wondering if the 1st batch was defective maybe.

Thanks for all the great help!!!

Jamie

sarsah

So if it doesn't go up 22", is it considered 'defective'?
Mine will go up that high, but won't stay. I push the red button, pull it up all the way, but it slips back down a little before it stays. I figred that was just how it was and that it wasn't truely 22".

Do I need to call SK about mine? I got one of the first ones shipped from Elite Carseat.

Sarah........

ginny4

Actually he hardly eats anything!! He is so picky!! He also doesn't eat meat.

hhhmmm how about you measure from the dowel to the bottom of the top guide in the highest setting, so I know how much more room he would have.

Wow Jenny a non-defective seat that's great? Didn't you get yours in the
2nd batch? Wondering if the 1st batch was defective maybe.

Thanks for all the great help!!!

Jamie

hi jamie sorry it took me some time to get back to you. i measured from the dowel to guide & got about 1in (that's the VERY bottom if guide) to the opening of guide i got 1.25in.

ok laughin at the picky eatin. it's amazing. TC eats like CRAZY. he sometimes eats more than me! what a pig & a skinny lil guy. hee hee

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC