It is car seat recycling week! AKA go ahead, throw that car seat!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
On the road! Chrissy driving truck #2, both loaded!

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

And both trucks. We actually had to put more in another car!

IMG_1652.jpg

mydogteaser

What did the people at the recycling center say when you pulled up with all of those? And I wonder what people on the highway were thinking as they saw two trucks filled with car seats.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Well, at McD's I was asked what we were doing with all those seats!

I actually called ahead, so they knew I was bringing more than my normal 30-40.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oh, and April's little girl was amazing! She unloading to whole back of my truck!

Chrissy

I could mention stuff, but see, I am nice, and won't.

You mean how I almost missed the off ramp in Salem, or how you did in Portland? :D

Judi loading seats into my truck. I think there were 18 seats and 692 infant bases.
seats1.jpg

Judi's truck cab:
seats2.jpg

Brooklyn helping unload Judi's truck:
seats5.jpg

At the loading dock:
seats4.jpg

BrooklynsMommy and Judi untying seats strapped down in my truck.
seats6.jpg

Judi tossing seats:
seats3.jpg

p.s BrightRedMtn: These were all taken with the point and shoot camera I was telling you about.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I installed those seats well in the back of your truck. We drove what, 70 miles on I-5, and they did not move!

Chrissy

Is that installed with LATCH? ;)

No, you see there are these tie down points in the truck bed... the anchor clips right onto them!

Alternatively, you can use those orange and red tie down straps themselves. They fit right through the belt path. For added strength I recommend you loop around a couple of times. If you have a squirmy kid, you can loop around them too. Be careful not to tighten too tight.

autumnlily

Seriously, wish I was there! Genevieve picked up a 1998 seat from me today... a co-worker brought it in when I told them about the recycle 'event'.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Seriously, wish I was there! Genevieve picked up a 1998 seat from me today... a co-worker brought it in when I told them about the recycle 'event'.

Yeah, it was funny. She brought that out and I told her I had the same one in the truck, WITH the base!

Irishmama

No, you see there are these tie down points in the truck bed... the anchor clips right onto them!

Alternatively, you can use those orange and red tie down straps themselves. They fit right through the belt path. For added strength I recommend you loop around a couple of times. If you have a squirmy kid, you can loop around them too. Be careful not to tighten too tight.
:ROTFLMAO:

These seats are too dang old to have latch.

Nuh uh, not if you use bungee cords and some duct tape. You can do anything with duct tape...and maybe a nail gun...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC