Senior Community Member
IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
OMG this is carseat p*rn!!!! I swear I'm sitting here moaning.

If that recline angle wasn't so obnoxious and the headwings went down lower I think I'd really be in love.

The bottom doesn't fold up into the wings at all, does it? How flat can it get down with those sticking out? Can I put in a request (when you have it out) of a picture of it folded, please?

Wendy

Kat_Momof3

so even if you put the straps lower, you can't move the headrest lower than that??

ah, well, from the looks of the lowest position, it seems they are intended only for forward facing kids, which is when the kid really needs them.

Kat_Momof3

I love how upright it can go... my dh's car and the third row middle seat of my van would love this seat for a rearfacing child.

Uhh that's as low as they go? That's not very low.... Would it even be around the head of an infant (not even a newborn?)

it comes with matching comfy-soft (well, that's what was shown on carseatblog) for newborns, though

OMG this is carseat p*rn!!!! I swear I'm sitting here moaning.

If that recline angle wasn't so obnoxious and the headwings went down lower I think I'd really be in love.

The bottom doesn't fold up into the wings at all, does it? How flat can it get down with those sticking out? Can I put in a request (when you have it out) of a picture of it folded, please?

Wendy

I think that's another reason they don't go lower... I bet when it's folded, they don't want the bottom hitting the wings.

fyrfightermomma

so even if you put the straps lower, you can't move the headrest lower than that??

ah, well, from the looks of the lowest position, it seems they are intended only for forward facing kids, which is when the kid really needs them.

But not when you have a RFing kiddo who needs them to sleep and that's the reason you bought it!!!!!! Wahhhh (i would have bought a 65 if I had known that! (and we did the comfy soft. It was the biggest waste of money. It did NOTHING for us. Just got in the way and never laid flat) We NEED a seat with head wings. GRRR

Can you tell us what set of slots the headrest goes down to? I'm totally bummed. And how weird is the seat gonna look if they are way above your kids head for no reason. Just something to get in the way. Or if they are only half covering their head.

Unless they come off......

elle7715

Uhh that's as low as they go? That's not very low.... Would it even be around the head of an infant (not even a newborn?)

I know, now I'm glad I ended up ordering an 80 on sale. From the stock photos it didn't look like it could go very far down because the cover only had those short slits...but I was hoping for velcro openings or something for it to go farther down. It does look like a great option for older kids whose heads aren't getting much protection in a regular Radian though.

oxeye

So excited to get mine!!! I think it is going to be perfect in DH's car for the girls once DS is here.

Thanks so much for posting pics. :)

Kat_Momof3

But not when you have a RFing kiddo who needs them to sleep and that's the reason you bought it!!!!!! Wahhhh (i would have bought a 65 if I had known that! (and we did the comfy soft. It was the biggest waste of money. It did NOTHING for us. Just got in the way and never laid flat) We NEED a seat with head wings. GRRR

Can you tell us what set of slots the headrest goes down to? I'm totally bummed. And how weird is the seat gonna look if they are way above your kids head for no reason. Just something to get in the way. Or if they are only half covering their head.

Unless they come off......

very true... I think they need to get past the folding carseat as a selling point and make one that doesn't fold so the wings can go lower.

fyrfightermomma

Except that 90% of America turns FFing at a year so the child would still be well below those wings. I just want to know what in the world you are supposed to do with them if your kid is too little? Just let them sit there 6 inches above your kids head? I can't figure out why they'd only put on wings for older taller kids, but not the most vulnerable younger shorter crowd. Just doesn't seem well planned out (like some of the other stuff they've done to their seats)

Sorry I'm venting on you. LOL. I'm mad though. The wings seem like a pointless idea

fyrfightermomma

very true... I think they need to get past the folding carseat as a selling point and make one that doesn't fold so the wings can go lower.

Great idea. Make the 65/80 fold for travel, but the XT just be a normal non folding seat. Seriously...how many people fold it? I know some do, but the majority don't

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Debbie already went home, more pics will have to wait until tomorrow, but please keep posting requests.

Last batch of pics uploading right now.

Kat_Momof3

Except that 90% of America turns FFing at a year so the child would still be well below those wings. I just want to know what in the world you are supposed to do with them if your kid is too little? Just let them sit there 6 inches above your kids head? I can't figure out why they'd only put on wings for older taller kids, but not the most vulnerable younger shorter crowd. Just doesn't seem well planned out (like some of the other stuff they've done to their seats)

Sorry I'm venting on you. LOL. I'm mad though. The wings seem like a pointless idea

not to worry... I take it as rage on sunshine kids... not on me... and I like the point of the masses.

I hope they would mind it and call and get told that they should then leave baby rearfacing until 35lbs because rearfacing offers the most side protection.

On the other hand, we then have kids like your oldest who are petite and would be rearfacing longer than their younger siblings, which isn't always EMOTIONALLY a good idea.

Have people write sunshine kids and complain about it and hope they redesign for next year, which won't help us now but would help long term and keep recommending the Signo or boulevard in those cases?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC