I got my radian xt!!!!

Pixels

Does the manual say anything about slots being only for rf or only for ff??

I asked some questions to Russ about the placement of the wings and he said that since the third slots are the lowest for ff, that any ff kid should benefit from the wings.

I'm asking him about that statement, of course.

Kat, any word back on this? If you haven't asked yet, could you let him know that the link to the manual for the XT on their webpage is broken.

And my 10th percentile 8 month old is on the second set of slots RFing, so it makes sense that even a 1 and 20 child would be on the third set FFing. And the manual for the 65 definitely does not say anything about not using the bottom two slots for FFing.

ADS

xmascarolmarie

I want this Radian sooo bad! This is also the color that I would probably get. Do you guys like the fabric? Does it feel fine to the kids? Thank you!

Maedze

I have to say with the wings, and the fact that it can be installed more upright now, makes me want to sell my Wizard, BV and Nauti and buy three RED RadianXTs.

Wouldn't red Radians look awfully nice in a gray-upholstered minivan? :whistle:

Maedze

Whoa, just a thought? Is this one actually STICKERED to 35? (unlike my Radians that read 35 in the manual but only sticker to 33 :rolleyes:)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Whoa, just a thought? Is this one actually STICKERED to 35? (unlike my Radians that read 35 in the manual but only sticker to 33 :rolleyes:)

Mine too! I've thought about calling and getting new stickers but I really don't care, unless I ever decide to sell or give away these Radians, which isn't likely because I :love: them so much.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Thanks! Are the slots the same height as the regular radian? If so I could try to find one around here and check which slots dd would be in. DD doesn't strike me as having a particularly long head, but she is outgrowing the RA RFing while still on the first slots, I thought that was weird.... Bummer on the headrest not going lower though!

Yes, they are the same.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Kat, any word back on this? If you haven't asked yet, could you let him know that the link to the manual for the XT on their webpage is broken.

And my 10th percentile 8 month old is on the second set of slots RFing, so it makes sense that even a 1 and 20 child would be on the third set FFing. And the manual for the 65 definitely does not say anything about not using the bottom two slots for FFing.

The manual doesn't say anything about which slots are required forward or rear facing (that I could tell, I haven't read it cover to cover, but I did look in the section for adjusting harness to proper height).

It just says the standard "nearest slot" and "at or below for rear facing" and "at or above" for forward facing.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I have to say with the wings, and the fact that it can be installed more upright now, makes me want to sell my Wizard, BV and Nauti and buy three RED RadianXTs.

Wouldn't red Radians look awfully nice in a gray-upholstered minivan? :whistle:

Yes!

Maedze

It's about time :whistle:

Now, I just need to convince DH that we need to sell all our seats and buy new ones :whistle:

I don't know why. Willy-nilly seat buying is quite unlike me. The first convertible I ever purchased is still being used as a primary seat for my youngest. I'm frugal! I'm thrifty! Waste not, want not!

Sunshine Kids, what have you dooooooooooone? :crying:

Kat_Momof3

not yet... but that makes me feel a lot better... I was worried for fyrfighter (sp??) above who was worried for her very petite older daughter and huge younger daughter.

if a tiny 8mo old is already on those second slots, I can definitely see why he referred to it that way... even if there is no requirement, because it would seem impossible for a ff child to use anything lower.

fyrfightermomma

not yet... but that makes me feel a lot better... I was worried for fyrfighter (sp??) above who was worried for her very petite older daughter and huge younger daughter.

if a tiny 8mo old is already on those second slots, I can definitely see why he referred to it that way... even if there is no requirement, because it would seem impossible for a ff child to use anything lower.

Phew!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC