WWYB?

Wife&MomX3

What would you buy? :)

Here's the scoop:
7yo moving from 5pt harness to HBB. Weight: 51-52#, Height: 49-50"
Plan to use it until child passes 5 step test in all vehicles, (so maybe for 3-4 yrs? we have tall kids), then hand down.

Thanks for chiming in, and extra thanks if you give reasons for your choice. :2thumbsup:

ADS

cookie123

I like both the Monterey and the Parkway SGL. They're both taller so will last longer as a high back booster. They Parkway doesn't require head support behind it, so that's a plus.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
What would you buy? :)

Here's the scoop:
7yo moving from 5pt harness to HBB. Weight: 51-52#, Height: 49-50"
Plan to use it until child passes 5 step test in all vehicles, (so maybe for 3-4 yrs? we have tall kids), then hand down.

Thanks for chiming in, and extra thanks if you give reasons for your choice. :2thumbsup:

My criteria for primary car booster was a) LATCHable and b) child comfort and preference. We have adjustable headrests in our vehicles, and ds loves his Montereys. :)

vtbecca

I just ordered a parkway yesterday for my son. It was between that and the Monterey. I liked the colors of the Monterey and loved the fact that it latches, bu the need for a vehicle headrest pushed us the other way. It would be fine inour Sienna, but in our other car (Saturn sedan) my son riding in a LBB sits oddly- his head is too high for the headrest and the shoulder belt comes across his arm. When he rides outboard the headrests in the car push the booster out. Without a booster the lap belt is too high. So we needed a HBB that needed no head support behind it. Complicated. The plus is that the parkway was cheaper and with him being the youngest and no one to pass it to later cheaper was better!

Becca

Wife&MomX3

I just ordered a parkway yesterday for my son. It was between that and the Monterey. I liked the colors of the Monterey and loved the fact that it latches, bu the need for a vehicle headrest pushed us the other way. It would be fine inour Sienna, but in our other car (Saturn sedan) my son riding in a LBB sits oddly- his head is too high for the headrest and the shoulder belt comes across his arm. When he rides outboard the headrests in the car push the booster out. Without a booster the lap belt is too high. So we needed a HBB that needed no head support behind it. Complicated. The plus is that the parkway was cheaper and with him being the youngest and no one to pass it to later cheaper was better!

Becca

Doesnt the parkway latch?

Kegracin

Yes the Parkway SGL latches there is a version with out latch as well. I have a Parkway SGL the old style, I had the really old style parkway and will more then likely end up with a new version of the Parkway at some point because I'm unadventurous.

Have you thought about the new Recaro Performance booster? I would love to see one in person.

MoreLatte

My one complaint with the Parkway is the armrests being so low. DD has chunky legs and she has a hard time getting the lap belt routed sometimes. Does anyone else have that issue? Her other booster is a compass/first years? with the armrests that flip up so maybe we're just spoiled by that?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC