Wow! I never knew what I was missing!

tchrgrrl

My 23 month old has loads of springy blonde curls and even when he is wearing a blue shirt with a car on it, jeans and dirty sneakers people still think he is a girl and make charming comments like "he is too pretty to be a boy" or "wow, those curls are wasted on him" :rolleyes:

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
My 23 month old has loads of springy blonde curls and even when he is wearing a blue shirt with a car on it, jeans and dirty sneakers people still think he is a girl and make charming comments like "he is too pretty to be a boy" or "wow, those curls are wasted on him" :rolleyes:

That is just not nice to say that! You can't waste curls!

skaterbabs

Gregory had curls like that too - beautiful blond ringlets. He was almost two before I could bear to cut them, and of course once we cut his hair all the curl fell out. :p He has a little now, but only when his hair gets really long.

But of course, the boys both had TONS of hair, and Joyjoy was bald until she was nearly 18 months. lol

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Ugh, reminds me of when I cut Leila's hair for the 1st time -- she was almost 4 & she had tight ringlet curls (not kinky or frizzy like her 1/2 sis) down to her WAIST ... now it's kinking & frizzing like crazy in the back (?!) I thought I was saving her frustration & pain by cutting it, but now it's so much more difficult to take care of *SIGH* I don't dare cut it again because she's not mature enough to take care of it herself yet (she convinced me to let her try a "loose + free" hairstyle for Thanksgiving & it was dredlocking by noon *SIGH* at least while it's long I can braid it safely & comfortably out of the way....

Here's her curls at about 7 months old
2002fall-CrawlingNaked.jpg

2 years old
2004summer-1stPottyAlone.jpg

After 1st & only haircut
2005fall-1stHairCut-5inches.jpg

Looks nice from the front, but the back can be horrifying, LOL!

skaterbabs

which is whyt I have no intention of cutting Joyjoy's hair EVER. The bangs were self defense, but I doubt she'll keep them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC