would the ProSport be a good choice for us?

lmd123

My son will be 4 in May and was recently turned FF in his Blvd (he was 34 pounds, and I didn't want to weigh him every day until he made the jump to 35!) and his Radian (because I got tired of the little room it left me in the front seat). Those two seats will be passed down sometime soon to his baby sister when she outgrows the KF30. I'm trying to figure out the best combination seat to buy.

He is a smaller kid. He is using the second to top slot in the Radian, with about 3/4" until he's even with that slot. He's a wiggler, but I got him measured at about 39 inches tall. I can get a torso height if that would help.

I know many recommend the Frontier, since you get more harnessing life for the same price, but I might want to go with the ProSport instead. My reasoning is that I don't think I'll need 20" of harness height, and that the ProSport might offer a better booster fit for him down the line, the skinny bean that he is. (Plus, can I say that the new Blaze cover is swaying me? :p)

We don't have a place nearby that sells the ProSport. Can anyone here tell me if you think it'd be a good match for him based on his size? I certainly don't want to shell out $225 for a seat that I'll have to replace soon. I'd like to harness him for about 2 more years. He is a safety-conscious kid, and I bet he'd be ready for boostering at 5.5 or so.

Does the ProSport feel as big and wide as the Frontier? I see that the measurements are similar.

Thanks for your help!

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

I have a picture of my DD in booster mode on her PS.(She does NOT ride like this.). She was almost five years old, 37 lbs, 42.5" tall with a 15" torso.

Lap belt fit was good, but the shoulder part concerned me a little. Because of the interior width of the seat, if she slid to the side opposite the shoulder belt, it rested on the outside of her shoulder.

I don't think this particular seat fits her well in booster mode, nor do I think the Frontier would.

Attachments

• image-3377180984.jpg
    image-3377180984.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 12
  • image-840445494.jpg
    image-840445494.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 13

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC