Question Which seats for 97 Jeep Cherokee?

U

Unregistered

I've done a search on here but can't find what I'm looking for.

Just got a 97 Cherokee yesterday. My 5 year old is in a high back booster and we have a baby due in May. I haven't decided yet whether to skip the infant seat and go straight to a convertible(I'm open to suggestions).Anyway,would the hbb fit up against a door baby's seat in the middle?Does it just depend on the seat?Is it safe to put baby near one of the doors,though I would prefer to have him in the middle...I'm still in the research stage but really need to decide!Thanks for any help!

ADS

Jeni-GAcpst

Center is statistically the safest, but outboard is not unsafe. Sometimes the ideal doesn't work in the real world.

Most seats can be installed side by side. Some seats "puzzle" nicely together taking up less space than their individual measurements while some seats "clash" and their widest points line up side by side but that's not a problem unless you are tight for space. If you were trying to fit 3 child restraints or be able to fold down half the seat (in some SUVs/ minivans) then puzzling would be more significant.

If you're considering convertible seats, I'd consider the Graco MyRide, Graco Size4Me, Maxi Cosi Pria, Evenflo SureRide, or maybe the Cosco Apt. They all have low bottom harness slots to fit average size babies well (the Maxi Cosi Pria fits very small babies well in fact!) and they have higher shells on narrow bases which will provide room for your older child to have room to buckle easily.
The Graco SnugRise 35 (infant carrier) also has a slant to the base which would leave more room for your older child to find the seat belt easier.

Congrats on a new little one :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC