Which HBB would you pick?

momtobe2007

Assuming your child was just starting to train in booster mode (almost 5, 45 lbs, 45 in)...

What would you pick for your main HBB and for a secondary HBB and why?

Still trying to decide what we're going with! ;)

Last edited:
ADS

firemomof3

Depends on the size of the child but either the Graco Turbobooster, Recaro ProBooster or Recaro Vivo. The TB and Vivo fit smaller children exceptionally well.

Jillybeans5

It is a high back only. I really like my probooster and my vivo. I would choose one of those plus a turbo as a spare if you are wanting 2, with one being a little cheaper.

MumOf3

Assuming your child was just starting to train in booster mode (almost 5, 45 lbs, 45 in)...

What would you pick for your main HBB and for a secondary HBB and why?

Still trying to decide what we're going with! ;)

We recently got the Diono Monterey for our DS who is 5 1/2. I was adamant about finding a seat with a LATCH because I didn't want a booster being a potential flying missile in my car while he's not in it and overall it just makes me feel more comfortable knowing the seat is latched into the car. After all, we want our own car seats secured safely as well so why wouldn't we want our kids' car seats safely secured :rolleyes: Overall we're extremley happy with his seat.

stephie1012

i prefer the turbo booster over the probooster. Both fit my kids extremely well, only the 6yr old is a booster rider tho. The probooster is very tippy in alot of cars i have tried it in. DD also prefers the turbo bc she hates feeling like she is going to fall over. I wish the probooster wasnt so tippy it looks so comfy.

momtobe2007

I am very much considering the Monterey. Did you happen to get a good deal one?

We recently got the Diono Monterey for our DS who is 5 1/2. I was adamant about finding a seat with a LATCH because I didn't want a booster being a potential flying missile in my car while he's not in it and overall it just makes me feel more comfortable knowing the seat is latched into the car. After all, we want our own car seats secured safely as well so why wouldn't we want our kids' car seats safely secured :rolleyes: Overall we're extremley happy with his seat.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
We have a monterey and a turbo for ds (almost 6y, 60# and 49"). He likes the monterey better. More support. We have the old style monterey. Some with the new style are having trouble with the shoulder belt staying in place. So buy from somewhere with good return policy.

momtobe2007

We have a monterey and a turbo for ds (almost 6y, 60# and 49"). He likes the monterey better. More support. We have the old style monterey. Some with the new style are having trouble with the shoulder belt staying in place. So buy from somewhere with good return policy.

Hmm...what's the issues with the the shoulder belt staying in place?? Argh! I was almost 100% decided on this seat. Boo.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
The old version is tight to get the belt in and out of the guide. The new version has a wider openning so in some vehicles the belt is falling out of the guide on its own. There is a thread on here that has photos with it. I posted on it yesterday. So you could look at what threads I have posted on to find it. I'm on my phone or I would link it for you.

MumOf3

The old version is tight to get the belt in and out of the guide. The new version has a wider openning so in some vehicles the belt is falling out of the guide on its own. There is a thread on here that has photos with it. I posted on it yesterday. So you could look at what threads I have posted on to find it. I'm on my phone or I would link it for you.

I believe it's this thread ;)

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=214103

I have *some* issues with the belt guide too. However, I'm still very happy with the seat apart from this issue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC