which converible seat

amymartinez0214

I need to replace my 7 month old sons infant seat soon. I would like something that has good safety ratings. I drive a mitsubishi raider and am looking for something that I can rear face in but someone will still be able to sit in the passenger side front seat without the seat having to be the whole way up. Right now my son only weighs about 17lbs. I am ok if he outgrows the seat later and I have to replace it as long as he makes it to 2 years in it. I would like to try and keep it under $100 if possible.

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I need to replace my 7 month old sons infant seat soon. I would like something that has good safety ratings. I drive a mitsubishi raider and am looking for something that I can rear face in but someone will still be able to sit in the passenger side front seat without the seat having to be the whole way up. Right now my son only weighs about 17lbs. I am ok if he outgrows the seat later and I have to replace it as long as he makes it to 2 years in it. I would like to try and keep it under $100 if possible.

Hi, welcome to CSO!

So glad to see that you know it's better to keep your son rear-facing longer...that's great! And know that just about any convertible seat is likely to be able to keep him RF even LONGER than to age 2, since he seems to be in the average range. As long as possible is best. :)

Under $100, I think I'd look at a Guide 65. It's got a 40lb rear-facing limit, with a max of 40". And around a 17" top slot. So it will surely get you to age 2 and beyond easily.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Guide-65-Sport-Convertible-Car-Seat-Athens/19514414

Another great option is the Sure Ride, that's going to take you just slightly over your budget with tax/shipping (if those things apply to you). It's top slot height is about 2" higher thanthe Guide 65.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-SureRide-DLX-Convertible-Car-Seat-Paxton/21670273

monstah

Hi, welcome to CSO!

So glad to see that you know it's better to keep your son rear-facing longer...that's great! And know that just about any convertible seat is likely to be able to keep him RF even LONGER than to age 2, since he seems to be in the average range. As long as possible is best. :)

Under $100, I think I'd look at a Guide 65. It's got a 40lb rear-facing limit, with a max of 40". And around a 17" top slot. So it will surely get you to age 2 and beyond easily.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Guide-65-Sport-Convertible-Car-Seat-Athens/19514414

Another great option is the Sure Ride, that's going to take you just slightly over your budget with tax/shipping (if those things apply to you). It's top slot height is about 2" higher thanthe Guide 65.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-SureRide-DLX-Convertible-Car-Seat-Paxton/21670273

:yeahthat:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm just adding my vote for the seats linked above. They are both inexpensive seats that will last a long time and are known for being decently easy to install in most vehicles. :)

nannykates

Also if money is really tight right now and further under $100 would be more important than it lasting a long time the cosco scenera runs around $40, cosco apt $50, or evenflo tribute $50-60.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC