Question Whay would you buy?

JLSatt00

I have a three year old in a Diono RXT and a five month old in an infant carrier. My five month old is a huge baby and is already getting to small for his carrier (that his bother stayed in for almost a year!). Anyway, I need to buy new seats for my and my husband's car. I have a honda ody (2011) and we take a lot of road trips, so comfort is important. My older son's head slouches a lot when sleeping now that he is forward facing in the ody, so I was hoping for something he can sleep more comfortably in.

I am debating one of the two options:

1) Handing down the two Dionos as they were great for rear facing until 3 with my son and buy two combo harness boosters for my three year old. If we do this, I am torn between the Recaro ProSport and Britax Frontier. I have ruled out the a Graco models because my son has used them in a friend's car and he complained about the crotch strap.

2) Buying one combo booster and one new convertible seat for my car and putting both Dionos in my husbands car. I have heard the Diono doesn't do well with rear facing in the ody (I had a different car when my first son was rear facing). If I go with this option, I am not sure what to buy, but my OCD self likes the idea of matching or coordinating seats.

Any feedback and new suggestions are appreciated!

ADS

mom2ari

We have a '12 oddy and a radian. I like it in the drivers side captains chair or third row rear facing because it can be braced in those positions. I find the install to be fairly easy with LATCH, we also have the angle adjuster. You can try the radian in your van and see what you think.

I would pass down both seats and buy new for your oldest. We have a FR85 and I really like it, I haven't tried the recaro though. I would love the easy I stall on the FR90, but the long belt path isn't bad once you have done it a few times.

YinzerMama

The radian goes fine in my ody in the captain's chairs. I am not comfortable with it in the middle spot. I use the AA. It works without it if you don't need much legroom for the 3rd row.

I never used it till my son was 2+ though so I don 't have a good feel for how it works with a 5mo.

My girls sleep fine in their fr85s, I have read the 90 is more upright but I have no experience. I feel like the recline of the radian in the 3rd row of our van, ff, looks similar to the fr85 (i have the radian in the more reclined position) but my girls have never slept in it ff so I can't say how it compares for sleeping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC