Question What's a good double stroller with a Graco SnugRide

U

Unregistered

I hope, this is an okay place to ask this. I have gotten lots of useful information before from this forum and hope you can help me. I am 6 months pregnant with my second boy. My first will be 2yo a few weeks before this one is set to arrive. My toddler is currently 21m, 29lbs and 35 inches tall. I am looking for a double stroller to carry both of my kiddo's for any shopping excursions, doctors appt's etc. I have a Graco SnugRide from my first...I love it and plan to use it again. I always liked being able to transfer the baby from the car to the stroller using the seat, getting to avoid waking him up. I want to do that again, but have realized that I am entering the world of double strollers and I do not know what to get. i was thinking that side by side was a bad option for us because we will be using it mostly in places where i am going in and out of buildings, not for walks down the road. At first i thought that the graco duo glide was a good choice but have heard some really bad reviews. i have heard great reviews for the graco quattro tour duo, but at $250 it is a bit expensive for us. i have an SUV and storage space at my house is not an issue.
is the quattro worth it? is the duoglide good? are there other strollers that my car seat will fit in? how easy is it to get the car seat in and out of these strollers? is your other kid comfortable? should i just forget about the car seat and lay the baby in the back seat of the stroller? is the quattro able to be gate checked for airplanes...we fly once a year.

any help and answers are appreciated.

thank you!!

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
We have owned 2 duogliders. They are okay. Our kids were 11.5m and 13m apart. So the older was about 1y when we got them both. Our youngest set are now 2y and 3y, but large for the age 35# and 45#, so it is getting hard to push and hard to get them in and out.

We also have a double jogger. It is a sbs. We use it a lot more. Easier to get in and out. We take it to the zoo and amusement parks. I don't go to the mall much. So, I haven't used it there much. Our jogger has a fixed front wheel. A swivel would be better, but they $ more.

Have you checked craigslist at all? We got our almost new duoglider for $25. We bought our jogger at the end of season for half price.

mykidsmylife

I just got the Kolcraft coutours double and LOVE it. It is a great stroller. I use it for Rivers keyfit and my 2 yr old.
There is a post on here somewhere with pics.
You can get it for $199 at Baby Depot.
I HIGHLY recomend it.

It was a toss up between this and the DuoGlide and in the end I went with this and dont regret it at all.

MJHY27

concerned4you

I agree with the previous poster. The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Deluxe is one of the best strollers in my opinion. The back seat can come off so you can have a bench and traditional sit n stand for when your almost 2 year old gets tired of sitting in a baby seat.
It also isn't that heavy and doesn't take up a ton of space. It is reasonably priced too.

Anstar

I've had a Kolcraft tandem and the Graco SnugRide fits in it perfectly. It's heavy though, and doesn't turn well. It's like driving a Semi with rear wheel drive. Rediculous.

Now, if they made a tandem stroller with rear wheel steering, I might have to try that.

Anstar

I was looking at your lo's ages and doing some thinking. I had three boys under the age of three, so I thought I'd share some other thoughts. :)

First, I don't like the double stroller. As soon as the 2yo could walk any distance, I switched back to a frame stroller for the infant seat. In your case, that's likely to be less than six months.

The other thing I did was carry my toddler in a pouch sling (took a little getting used too, but I love it now) and then pushed the stroller with the infant seat.

When I went shopping, I used the carts. Infant carrier down in the bottom (not propped up on the edge, :eek:), toddler up top. Sam's Club has those spectacular carts with two side by side spots up top, they're my favorite now. :D

We do still use the double stroller occasionally, but more for walks around the neighborhood, or at the zoo. Places where tight corners do not matter.

I guess I'd still get a double/tandem stroller, but either pay extra for those slim side-by-sides (that won't fit a carrier, that I've seen) or buy a cheep one knowing it won't get that much use. :twocents:

ChynaDoll

I have the Graco Quattro Tour Duo and really like it, it is kind of heavy though, esp. with a heavier child up front. Otherwise, it's great for a snugride, etc. I wouldn't really suggest it for going somewhere where you need to maneuver easily because though it does glide and turn well, it's still pretty bulky. And it's REALLY heavy, esp. lifting into an SUV. Otherwise, comfortable ride. :D

Another thing, you can usually order one on Amazon for significantly less than retail, esp. now that they are not brand new and a hot ticket. When I got mine I paid a little over $210 for it but I've seen them on Amazon and other baby stroller stores for around $180 or less with free shipping. :D

werforpsu

thank you all for answering my thread. after a lot of consideration, i think i am going to go for the Kolcraft contours options tandem. i need to get to a babies r us before i buy it and try it out, putting my 21m old in it...you never know how he will fit until you see it. a friend told me that a friend of hers has one and loves it so that helps my decision as well.

werforpsu

thank you all for answering my thread. after a lot of consideration, i think i am going to go for the Kolcraft contours options tandem. i need to get to a babies r us before i buy it and try it out, putting my 21m old in it...you never know how he will fit until you see it. a friend told me that a friend of hers has one and loves it so that helps my decision as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC