What seat is best for my SUV

smsodell

I have an 07 Ford Expedition EL. Just wondering what forward/back facing seat would be best? We got a Cosco one at a carseat class, but with how it sits in the seat my husband can't drive with it behind the driver seat and that's where we would like to have the baby. Thanks for input!

ADS

T4K

I used to have a Navigator and I put several seats in the captains chair. Are we talking about an infant?

jgomez411

I have a 2004 Expy and my dad has a 2008. I currently have DD (almost 4) FFing in a Myride in the passenger side captain's chair. It was kind of tight for me to sit in the passenger seat when she was RFing in that seat, but doable. Since we got that (man. 2010), Graco has come out with quite a few new seats that would probably take up less front to back room than the Myride, like the Size4Me/MySize/Headwise (same seat, different names) and the 4Ever. I believe the Chicco Nextfit is also fairly compact RFing but is more expensive than the Gracos. There is an article from Carseat Blog that has the dimensions for seats RFing. I'm mobile so I can't link it but maybe someone will chime in with the link.Hope that helps!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC