What do you all think of the Chicco NextFit?

LC2003

I saw an ad for the Zip version and it looks really sweet. We have 3 (!) SK Radian XTSLs but they will expire when our next baby is only 4. This car seat looks pretty cool. Are people liking it? Do kids outgrow it by height long before weight (as was the problem with our old Britax Marathons?) My kids have all been thin, and some are tall.

ADS

lilti9er

We have both the regular NextFit and the Zip. I like both of them although my husband likes the Zip more b/c of the padding on the waist portion of the harness belt. Both models have the same amount of cushion in the cover and the newer regular NextFits (after Oct 2013) have the same velcro shoulder pads.

My LO had frequent ear infections and threw up a lot so I wished I had the Zip during that phase. It truly is a breeze to be able to zip the cover off easily and throw it in the wash. B/c of this, I would definitely recommend the Zip over the regular NextFit. In fact, I bought one for my best friend's baby and she prefers using it for her newborn over her Britax infant car seat b/c she loves the recline.

Speaking of recline, it has 9 positions. Thanks to this, it is able to fit in many cars. My LO is close to 29 months old and is still RF on recline #2; she tends to nap in the car so #2 is perfect and prevents her head from falling forward.

Installation using SuperCinch LATCH tighteners is so awesome! What I do is LATCH #2 first but don't tighten yet, then LATCH #1 and tighten that side first. Walk back over to LATCH #2 to tighten; I can get it so tight that the car seat doesn't even budge...sweetness!

I've read around on here that the NextFit has one of the highest harness slots but I can't remember the exact stats; I want to say the height limit is 49-50" tall. I know the weight limits though lol; RF from 5-40 lbs and FF from 22-65 lbs.

Last edited:

Angie

We LOVE ours. I'm no expert, so I can only attest to how easy it installs and how comfortable my daughter looks in it. I love the recline so it installs without towels and noodles and all that jazz.

It was by far one of the best baby gear purchases we have made!!!

zoecoltsmama

We love ours and my kids fight over it. DD is RF, over three, and no where near maxing out. We have to drive long periods in the car and I got it for the comfert and recline

LC2003

Thanks for the reviews! I took ds3 to BRU and he did have plenty of height growing room, and it was very soft. My only concern was the width around his arms and torso - he had a bit less width there than in his Radian, which is very wide on the inside, and has no side support to speak of.

I did sign up on the BRU site for a registry so hopefully I will get some coupons.

Next question - I see people saying that the strap keepers on the Zip version are worth getting the Zip, even if your child is not a puker. Is this true?

tesslouise

Get the Zip as the ONE THING I would change about my NextFit is the ugh-I-hate-digging-straps-out-from-under-baby! :)

Also: because the seat is so deep/reclined, I have to loosen it to get baby (almost 2) out, and then tighten it after I put her back in. Every. Single. Time. I have never had this problem with our Evenflo Triumph Advance.

LC2003

Get the Zip as the ONE THING I would change about my NextFit is the ugh-I-hate-digging-straps-out-from-under-baby! :)

Also: because the seat is so deep/reclined, I have to loosen it to get baby (almost 2) out, and then tighten it after I put her back in. Every. Single. Time. I have never had this problem with our Evenflo Triumph Advance.

Thanks for the tip! We ended up going with something else for ds age 3, but am still considering this for the next baby. I did notice how deep it is and that was one reason I decided against it for ds age 3, as he is a big boy.

ebp913

I don't love ours. I've kept it because it would work for any of our almost 3 kids and I got it for $140. I feel like it smushes my oldest and it's hard to tighten. Not a huge fan but oh well, we'll deal.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC