Volvo XC70 - convertible seat? 3 across?

U

Unregistered

I am looking for suggestions on a somewhat specific problem. I drive a 2008 Volvo xc70. I use it for every day driving and would also like to use it for long car trips (so the front passenger seat has to have enough leg room for an adult to sit there for several hours).

I currently have a 3 1/2 year old in a front facing Britax Boulevard behind the driver's seat and a 9 month old in a rear facing Chicco Keyfit behind the passenger's seat. I am planning to have another child within the next year and a half and would eventually like to be able to fit all three in seats in the back of my car.

My current question is what kind of convertible seat to buy for my 9 month old when she outgrows her Chicco Keyfit. Is there something that will fit behind that passenger seat while still allowing the passenger to ride comfortably?

Is there a magical option out there that I could buy right now that could also fit with a third seat when baby number 3 comes along??? Or should I just plan to buy a new car??? I would like to avoid buying a new car because I just bought this one a year ago and it has very few miles on it. It also has two built in height adjustable boosters...

Does anyone have experience with a rearfacing convertible seat behind the passenger seat of an xc70? Or with fitting three seats across in an xc70?

I would really appreciate your thoughts! Thank you!

ADS

nannykates

A diono radian in the mix will make any 3 across easier. It is very reclined without the angle adjuster but adding that feature makes it quite upright. For now your best bet might be giving the britax to the baby for rf and the radian to your oldest until baby is ready to be more upright in the radian with angle adjuster.

It sounds like your oldest might be edging in on booster age by the time you have a third so I wouldn't stress too much.
Other options are evenflo sureride, graco size4me and clones, or to buy a combo seat for your oldest.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The Radian installs quite nicely in the xc70. :thumbsup: I've only had it in the centre though, so I can't comment on front-occupant room.

henrietta

I think a Radian will be your best bet, too. I have an older XC70 (2002) and will be doing 3 across this fall, and it hasn't been that easy to find a solution, b/c my two oldest are almost 8 and almost 5 (next month for both of them). My oldest is in a booster full time and my middle child can do either, but he's almost too tall for the Radian.

At any rate, I agree, hand down the Britax Blvd for the 9 month old and buy a Radian for your oldest. The Radian puzzles well w/the Britax seats. When it's time to hand down again (ie Britax expires or new baby outgrows the Chicco), you can either buy another Radian or another convertible or maybe your oldest will be ready for a booster. The Harmony high back folding travel booster is very narrow and plays well with other seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC