Volvo booster advice

wagonlover

I wanted some thoughts about a booster saga. I have a Volvo XC70, but I think the issues are the same in all Volvos with the fixed headrests. DD1 is almost 7, about 46 in/44 lbs. She was RF in a Rainier until just recently when she and DH convinced me that she is old enough to FF. DD2 is 5, RF on the passenger side. She was in a G3 until I just gave her the Ranier. I couldn’t get a good FF belt install with a number of convertibles for DD1 (to be a separate post), so I decided to booster her. She sits very well boostered. My issue has been configuration. I wanted her in the middle if there is no side-impact protection, and also to free up the seat for another passenger. I started with an RSTV2, which I like because it can be tethered. It was good at first, but then I couldn’t get consistent fit and she was crying that it hurt. I then bought a Bubble Bum, but it leaked so I returned it. I bought a Harmony Youth Booster, but I don’t have quite enough room to buckle it. I’ve since moved her to the integrated booster behind the driver’s seat. It has beautiful belt fit, and she loves being relatively free. I however don’t love her being outboard without side impact protection. Any suggestions? I’ve considered an Olli which is supposed to work with the headrests. I’ve also thought about a Pinnacle 90, which would install with Clicktight so I could use it harnessed initially if she’ll let me. I think it should work with the Volvo headrests since it has a shell and headwings. What I’ll probably do is keep her in the integrated booster for now and then try her in the middle in the mifold when it comes out. Oh, and the other piece of this is that I’ll turn DD2 FF within the year. She weighs only 33 lbs. now , so likely will need either a harnessed seat or a booster with a 30 lb. minimum. I know this is complicated, thank you in advance for any suggestions!

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
We used a Clek Oobr, that when used with LATCH, had a recline mode that worked well with out Volvo headrests. I can't remember if I ever used our Britax Frontiers in booster mode, but they worked wonderfully harnessed with out Volvo headrests, so the Pinnacle may be worth trying out.

mping

I love the idea of integrated boosters! All cars should have them! Personally, I'd be comfortable with that. I'd leave dd2 rf until you're ready to booster her. Just seems the simplest and nothing to buy. Unless she's too tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mommabritt

I'm jealous of your integrated boosters. Dh drives a journey which doesn't have them (it was purchased as a one at this price sale) and I was so sad.

Sorry I have nothing else to add. Lol

wagonlover

Thank you for the input! Yes, I meant to type Oobr (rather than Olli.) I'm still considering it, but may just leave her in the integrated booster since it's working well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC