Valco TriMode EX Twin at the Mall? Or BJCM Double?

mrs.christie

I'm looking at all the various double strollers and the Valco Trimode Ex Double has piqued my interest. It seems like it would be an awesome stoller for walks and the zoo, but will it work at the mall? I know many people love their BJ City Mini doubles, and from what I've read they are okay at the mall. The Valco Trimode is actually .75 of an inch less in width than the BJ, but how much longer is it? I'm worried that the length will be an issue, like when getting in an elevator.

I know there really isn't one perfect stroller for everything, especially for doubles. I just want to try to get by with one only. My kids will be 18 months apart.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

ADS

poohbear

I'm looking at all the various double strollers and the Valco Trimode Ex Double has piqued my interest. It seems like it would be an awesome stoller for walks and the zoo, but will it work at the mall? I know many people love their BJ City Mini doubles, and from what I've read they are okay at the mall. The Valco Trimode is actually .75 of an inch less in width than the BJ, but how much longer is it? I'm worried that the length will be an issue, like when getting in an elevator.

I know there really isn't one perfect stroller for everything, especially for doubles. I just want to try to get by with one only. My kids will be 18 months apart.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

The main advantage of the BJCMD is going to be the weight (and the price). The BJCMD weighs 26 lbs, the trimode 33 lbs. The BJCMD is going to be a great mall stroller and do well at the zoo and the park, but outdoors, you will always benefit from air tires. However if you are putting it in and out of your car often, you may notice that extra 7 lbs. And the fold on the BJCMD is great for a stroller that is often in the car.

So, I think that it comes down to whether you will be doing more outdoor or indoor activities. If you will be doing more outdoor and don't mind the extra weight and have the space in the trunk, the trimode is probably better.
If you're more of a mall crawler who's constantly putting your stroller in and out of the car and occasionally hits the zoo and the park, the BJCMD is probably better...
FWIW - According to the specs, the trimode is no longer than the BJCMD (I think it just looks longer)... I have not placed the two side by side to compare, but I can't imagine it would be too long to fit in an elevator...

HTH!

autumnlily

poohbear summed it up very well!

I have owned both - at the same time. I kept the TriMode in the garage for our outdoor activities and rarely packed it up for indoor adventures (although there were some times I should have (ie the beach). I found it longer from front to back and being that I'm only 5ft 2"... it felt a bit big for our indoor activities. It is smooth as butter though!

I have kept and swear by my BJCMD. The quick fold is worth it's weight in gold. I can get in and out of places (including loading and unloading) in no time flat. I have three children and usually have a forth in my care. The simplicity is really that awesome and it is very maneuverable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC