Unloading this weeks car seat hunt ...advise help thoughts

onegirly

Today is the last day for the BRU trade-in and I am feeling the pressure to get a seat like NOW!!! I have a few decisions and I'm overwhelmed.

First off I'm very bummed they do not offer the Radians at BRU or in any store where I live..ugh!!! However by chance (finding someone with the seat) I was able to test an older Radian80 in my 04 Scion XB last night!! I really liked the simplicity of the seat BUT I am however concerned with the fact the angle adjusters are nowhere to be found! How will this be the perfect seat without one???? and will this be a 6month headache due to lengthy back orders like I've read on the forums. Although I do like the seat hmmm ...I've looked online and have found the Radian100 and Radian120 at some decent prices but the Radian XTL seem to be sold out ..another ugh!!!

The seat I purchase tonight at BRU will only be used in my 2004 Scion XB for my son who will be 2yr old next month , 28.5 lbs and 35.5/ 36inch son until my Foonf comes. Which I'm hoping will not be be another fit in my my car headache. :yeahthatmad:

At BRU I will be trying out are the Graco Myride65, Lamaze True Fit and the Evenflo Triumph65.

My concerns with the Triumph65 is the harness adjustment ..the whole knob /adjustment thing really worries me??? Will it be something that could be used incorrectly by others ie grandparents, brother putting my son in the seat.

We also have decided the CompleteAir for my husbands 96 Z71 ...we have not tried it in the truck but we are crossing fingers it will work.

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
What about the Symphony instead of the EFTA? Then it has the same pull-strap adjuster but the nice padding and bowl shape of the EFTA. I looked at them last week and was quite impressed.

Brianna

I personally prefer the Triumph over the MyRide. I love the knobs- with the MR I had to reach behind the shell, pull the straps tight and hold them in place then pull from the front adjuster. If the Triumph is compatible with your vehicle (knobs don't get buried) then it should be easy to use and easy for you to show others how to use it.

I wouldn't buy the Lamaze True Fit at the inflated price, if you're going to buy a True Fit I would buy it under one of the cheaper brand names.

lilliput

I have no experience with the MR, but I do quite like our Triumph, enough that I made it DS3's primary seat over our RN65. I bought it based on recommendations here that the knobs were easier for those suffering from arthritis or hand strength issues - obviously with grandparents in mind. And I think it will be easier for them to conceptualize when the harness is tight because of the audible nature of tightening with the knobs. It's just more obvious, in my mind, when the harness is at an appropriate tightness. As Brianna said, it's just very easy to use and explain to others.

onegirly

Quick question...we bought and uses the symphony65 for one day besides not alot of Erf growth room for height, it left scratch marks on DS neck from the harness. Does the Triumph65 have the same width across on harness straps? Would it be the same as the Symphony65 hmm

Brianna

I would think they'd be pretty close. They don't bother my godson though, I just pull the collar of his shirt up so they don't rub right on his neck. He falls asleep in both his Triumph and MyRide so it doesn't appear that the Triumph is any less comfortable for him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC