two rear facing, one booster in 2010 odyssey without driver side loading

C

choang38

We have a 6.5 year old (Britax Parkway) and nearly one year old twins who are about to move to convertible seats and go to daycare. The daycare is on a busy street so we want to be able to load and unload from the passenger side. To make this work, we removed the 2nd row passenger side captain chair and planned to put one baby RF in the 2nd row (driver side) and one in the 3rd row middle seat. The problem is that we tried using Britax Boulevards that were given to us and they seem too big. The Parkway doesn't fit level in the middle 2nd row seat, and there's not much room in the 3rd row for it or for the adult to sit to load the baby (though we used latch, which I just realized is a bit off center, so using the belt might be better, but maybe not much). I'm guessing we probably need smaller seats. Am I missing an easy solution to make the current seats work, and if not, any recommendations for what the two new convertible seats should be?

We also need to buy convertible seats for a 2006 Accord that will be used less frequently. Thanks for any feedback!

ADS

nannykates

You should be able to take out the center 2nd row (plus one) seat and move the other captains chair to the center position. Hopefully that will solve some of the problem. When installing the boulevards you could try pushing harder on the foot area of the seat to get them more upright. Another idea would be to put both twins in the 3rd row and load/unload from the hatch. Finally, I would buy a Diono Radian (with angle adjuster) since it is narrower and lower profile so should be easier to load/unload (bump the other boulevard to the accord).
Do all the kids have seats in the accord? If you end up with one boulevard in the accord another radian would puzzle nicely with it and should leave space for a booster for 6.5 yo.

MommyShannon

I agree. If take out the plus 1 and slide over a captain's seat. I love the Britax seats in our Ody. I currently have 2 rf, 1 booster, 1 ff harness and have done just about every possible set up. Here is what I'd try,
1. Captain's chair moved center. Both rf in 2nd row. Its not bad reaching across 1 rf to the other. You can even set them in their seats then get in the 3rd row to buckle them (removing headrests may help). Booster in 3rd row.
2. Captain's chair moved center. 1 rf driver's side 2nd row, booster beside it, rf 3rd row driver's side. This will give you plenty of room to sit beside it.
3. 1rf and booster in captain's chair, 1 rf 3rd row center but load through the back. I'm doing this with our 11 month old currently. Its awkward but getting easier. I put her in legs first over the back seat. I kind of just stand her up at the foot of the seat then lower her back into it. Then I kneel on the bumper to reach over and buckle her. To get her out, I kneel to unbuckle her, then hold her hands to pull her to standing, then lift her out.

I use that setup to keep fighting and crying (11 month old does best beside a ff kid to "talk" to). In your case and assuming your in work clothes and don't want to kneel on the bumper, I'd try the first option. The issue with a seat in the 3rd row middle is, its a 60/40 split seat. So no matter how you install middle, it just doesn't leave much room to sit beside it. Another thing to consider doing is rear tethering especially in the 3rd row. I worry about how close the frame is back there after seeing an accident in a minivan on here. Its a pain getting the D-ring in back there, but I feel much better about DD3 there rear tethered.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC