Question True Fit Premier Installation Question

JenBen

Hi! We just purchashed a True Fit Premier for our 11 mth old. Has anyone else broke a major sweat just from trying to install this seat :) We are putting it RF in a Honda Odyssey van. I am using LATCH & want it to recline as much as possible. There is a little ball setting that shows how much you can recline safely & we are where we should be if you go by that. My problem is that my LO fell asleep in it yesterday & had major head drop. So I reinstalled & put noodles under it to see if that would help. Has anyone else had to use noodles for RF seats? Is this safe?
I am considering returning for a Britax Marathon....

ADS

jacqui276

Using noodles to get the proper recline is acceptable and safe. A lot of rear facing seats require pool noodles or rolled up towels to get a 45 degree angle reclined. My TFP installs at about 35 degrees without noodles. The manual recommends using a pool noodle under it if you can't get the appropriate recline as well.

Mugsmom

I can pretty easily get my TFP 45 degrees without noodles in our Odyssey captain's chairs. Are you sure it's in recline mode? Also, when you install it, press down where the seat bottom meets the seat back, not near where the feet would be, then tighten.

Also, is your captain's chair completely upright or one click reclined? I install with it reclined one click.

JenBen

Thanks for the help! I did recline the van seat back some & that really helped me get more of a recline on the carseat. I still am using the noodles but am much happier with it reclined at 45 degrees. I also pushed down on it from the top of the carseat which helped too! I think I'll keep this one instead of getting a Britax Marathon. This one just seems bigger & l want to RF as long as possible. Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC