Question TRU sale now, Next TRU sale?

tam_shops

I see the TRU sale starts now, Britax 20% off and Trade in also.

I'm debating the now vs next year thing again...

5 1/2YO: ODS RF RN 40# w/ say 3" tops above his head.

2YO: YDS RF MA 28# in a 30#RF seat

Frontier on sale $240 TRU, where I have at least $200 store credit, but it's not the cover I want. I want Onyx. Of course w/ the amount i'd save I could certainly buy the Onyx one and I'd be using the store credit I have.

Any guesses when (or do you remember from last year) if there was another sale before Christmas/New Year? I know they had the trade & save sale Recently, Feb/Mar?

How common are Frontier covers on swap? I've only been looking for a MA Onyx, never really noticed/looked for Frontier ones. How much do they go?

Suggestions, Comments?

tam

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Well, only thing I can tell you is that I wouldn't expect a sale on the new seats for awhile - unless they are sure about stock, they often don't put brand new seats in flyers until stock has been in stores for a few weeks and I'm not sure when new stock will be arriving.

I can also tell you that it may be difficult to even find a Frontier in stock now. Our store has some left as of tonight, but I think it's only because they didn't put the sale tickets out today. There's none left online and it was discontinued in the system long enough ago that if you haven't seen one in your store recently, you likely won't see it show up until the new model comes in.

mam521

Tam, just for clarification the trade n save can only be applied to regular priced items. With Britax being on sale, all you'll get is the Britax sale price, not the trade n save as well.

However, Britax is on sale at Snugglebugz as well, so you may be able to score a Frontier there :)

tam_shops

Thanks so much ladies!! I am leaning more and more towards waiting...

Any hope/guess at a sale at/before/after Christmas, not Fall soon? And then it'd be February next (Trade & Sale). I'm fine w/ trade & sale or Britax sale, actually thing THIS Britax sale, which I think happens 1-2 times a year is better than the trade sale at 20% vs 15%, right?

There were a few left at the local TRU, I hope they're gone, I double checked ODS last night, I think I can get another year out of his RN and YDS has 2# no idea how long that will take, that causes me the stress!

I REALLY want Onyx but, I have $200 store credit, otherwise I'd have bought it right away from Snugglebugz.ca. It's more the wanting Onyx than knowing I can wait that's holding me back! LOL

I also had him sit in a friends Frontier and he has tons of space, so I'll really want that seat to last until YDS doesn't need another seat too...This WILL be the last seat I buy! ROFL Ok, maybe a booster!

NO idea on the big deal on the new stock on this seat. Checked my friends from last year, it said, "25# and 2YO" right on it. If a child is not walking by 2YO s/he'd be designated special and wouldn't that fall under *special* seating and an exception be made? Funny how silly these things are sometimes.

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC