Toddler AND Infant

B

BibleKitty

Toddler AND Infant

We have a 2000 GMC Safari Van. We have a baby due at any time. We were wondering the best placement for the seats now that we will have 2.

ADS
U

UlrikeDG

Micki, it's great to see you here!

Congrats on the new van!

Could you post the ages and weights of your other kids plus the seats their currently using? Your post made it sound like the new baby will be #2, and I know that's not right. People will be able to give you better input on the safety and convenience aspects if they know exactly what you're dealing with. :)

B

BibleKitty

Re: Micki, it's great to see you here!

Thanks for the welcome!

The baby will be my #2. I have a 20m in an A/O 5 pt. I don't remember the brand of the infant seat but it is one where the base installs in the car and you pop the carrier in and out.

I am hoping to be able to leave the a/o in the center and the infant beside it so I can put #1 in and off the street then strap the baby in.

The Safari van is similar to the Astro.

U

UlrikeDG

{wonders if she's going crazy...}

Are you not the Micki I thought you were? I thought you had 2 older kids (one in booster at least)?

At any rate, for the 2 younger ones, I do exactly what you described. Rear facing seat goes outboard, because it provides better side impact protection, and front facing seat goes in the middle, so child can climb into it from the safety of the car instead of from the street.

Make sure you check the infant seat for recalls before you use it again. www.carseat.org/Recalls/recall.shtml Infant seats are *frequently* recalled (at least it seems that way to me).

B

BibleKitty

Re: {wonders if she's going crazy...}

I guess I am not the same Micki. But you are now one of the few who have run across the few of us with the same spelling!!

Thanks for the info and the links!

U

UlrikeDG

LOL Well, that explains it! Are you on the PCAP list?

If so, I *do* know you from there, and I just assumed you were the same Micki I knew from another site when I saw you on the list.

B

BibleKitty

Re: LOL Well, that explains it! Are you on the PCAP list?

Ah Ha!! Now that sounds familiar! I guess I could be that Micki (but I think there is another one too -- I know on one of my lists there are 2 -- I cannot recall which one right now -- my mind/body is preoccupied with trying to find a comfy position with the baby dropping!!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC