News Tech course in Utah

christineka

I received an email and thought I'd post the info in case anyone in Utah was considering taking the tech course. The two Murray courses will be May 15-18 and Sept 17-20. It's $150 to take the course and register with Safe Kids.

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I asked friends to take my kids when I took the course. It was hard but they were super nice & did it for free. I told them I'd give them a lifetime of car seat installs/helps/advice plus offered to take their kids in exchange (a different friend took each day).

I'll be there observing/assisting if you do end-up being able to come.

jennzee

Anybody know if they ever do courses in the Weber/Davis area? Babysitting is tricky as it is, and when you add another hour to the day for travel time...well, that's just a pain. I'd probably be at least a couple of years out from being able to do it anyway, with a new baby on the way, so I'm mostly just curious.

christineka

I asked various neighbors and church members to watch my kids for tech class. I split them up so that no one had all 6 of my kids at once. I drove an hour to class. And then back. It's only 3.5 days.

J-max

CPST Instructor
How close is this to Vernal? I have a step sister there that wants to take a class, but I am unfamiliar with the geography ;)

christineka

How close is this to Vernal? I have a step sister there that wants to take a class, but I am unfamiliar with the geography ;)

It looks like Vernal is way out in the middle of nowhere. She might be able to get a scholarship for tech class and then stay the 4 days in the Salt Lake Area. Not sure if she could get away from her kids... I'm sure some c-s.org folks wouldn't mind letting a tech candidate lodge at their house. (I wouldn't mind.)

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I wouldn't mind someone staying with me either. And, after this class (which I'm assisting with), I'll be at the September class as an Instructor Candidate and then teaching at future classes so I'm going anyway and could for sure provide transportation if needed/wanted.

I know they teach classes all over the place though. Do a search for classes in UT on the Safekids.org site and see if there's something closer.

christineka

I wouldn't mind someone staying with me either. And, after this class (which I'm assisting with), I'll be at the September class as an Instructor Candidate and then teaching at future classes so I'm going anyway and could for sure provide transportation if needed/wanted.

I know they teach classes all over the place though. Do a search for classes in UT on the Safekids.org site and see if there's something closer.

The only other class on the site is in Bluff, which is way down south.

So, how do you get to be an instructor? Do you get paid?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC