Question TA in '00 Isuzu Rodeo

hrice

My LATCH manual says they are in the rear vehicle floor and makes reference to a retro fit part number? I found what looks like cargo hooks in the back but wasn't sure. We went w/o the tether and I need to call the parents tomorrow to confirm where the TAs are.

Help?

ADS

aeormsby

Maybe they're not factory installed?

My sister has a '01 (I think) Rodeo and it has 2 latch sets and tethers are on the back of the seat I believe.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Unless you can verify with the parents that they've already had their 2000 Rodeo retrofitted with top tether anchors, then I'd assume their vehicle currently has cargo anchors only, and that it still needs to be retrofitted with top tether anchors based on what we're seeing in the LATCH manual. The LATCH manual entries for the Rodeo are somewhat confusingly arranged/worded. 2001-2004 Rodeo models have factory equipped full LATCH outboard with top tether anchors for those outboard seating positions located on the cargo floor, and the rear center is retrofittable with a top tether anchor in 2001-2004 Rodeos. 1998-2000 Rodeo models weren't factory equipped with top tether anchors at all, though they can be retrofitted with up to 3 top tether anchors. The LATCH manual indicates 1998-2000 model year Rodeos have 3 TA points (not 3 top tether anchors but 3 retrofittable tether anchor points :)) and there are 3 retrofittable 8 mm weld nuts in the cargo floor for retrofitting up to 3 top tether tether anchors using the listed tether anchor retrofit part number 8-97135-900-0, whew. :)

hrice

Jeanum said:
Unless you can verify with the parents that they've already had their 2000 Rodeo retrofitted with top tether anchors, then I'd assume their vehicle currently has cargo anchors only, and that it still needs to be retrofitted with top tether anchors based on what we're seeing in the LATCH manual. The LATCH manual entries for the Rodeo are somewhat confusingly arranged/worded. 2001-2004 Rodeo models have factory equipped full LATCH outboard with top tether anchors for those outboard seating positions located on the cargo floor, and the rear center is retrofittable with a top tether anchor in 2001-2004 Rodeos. 1998-2000 Rodeo models weren't factory equipped with top tether anchors at all, though they can be retrofitted with up to 3 top tether anchors. The LATCH manual indicates 1998-2000 model year Rodeos have 3 TA points (not 3 top tether anchors but 3 retrofittable tether anchor points :)) and there are 3 retrofittable 8 mm weld nuts in the cargo floor for retrofitting up to 3 top tether tether anchors using the listed tether anchor retrofit part number 8-97135-900-0, whew. :)

Thank you. That is what I thought and what I told them. I asked if they had any installed and they haven't. They were hooking the top tethers up to the cargo anchors. They left with their seats untethered and I told them I would get back with them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC