SureRide and other FFing seats for tall kids

s_mama

I posted a question the other day looking for second seat suggestions: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=253716

Since we still have some life left in the infant seat for my daughter, I think we are mostly looking for a second seat for my son for now.
I went to look at the SureRide yesterday but didn't get a chance to take it out to the car thanks to antsy kids. The high harness slots make it seem like it could be a great option for us, but I have a couple of questions: how is the installation, particularly in a vehicle with a narrow seat bench and a fixed headrest, and if the harness strap length is still an issue. I'd hate to get to the highest slot only to find out it won't buckle! Anyone know? I would also love some other seat suggestions that can keep my tall kiddo harnessed for a while in case this one doesn't work out. Thank you!

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I'm not sure about the install for the Sure Ride, but I think the suggestions for the SecureKid 300 & 400 and Harmony Defender will still work, based on your previous post that you were looking for a lower cost second seat. You might also want to look for sales on a Graco Nautilus. There's also the Evenflo Maestro, with a 50 pound weight limit, that does not last very long in booster mode after being outgrown in harnessed mode. All of those seats have top slots in the 18-18.5 inch area, and the SureRide's about 19 inches. With a 14 inch torso, any of those seats will be great if they fit your car and your budget. :)

s_mama

Thanks! After doing a little more research I ordered the SecureKid 300, I think it will be a good bet for us. I appreciate the help!!

henrietta

Thanks! After doing a little more research I ordered the SecureKid 300, I think it will be a good bet for us. I appreciate the help!!

We love our SK300! It's installed easily in lots of vehicles, cover is easy to remove and wash, kiddo says it's comfy and likes cupholders, etc. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC